MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Should be Miami Strikers as an homage to the venerable Ft. Lauderdale Strikers of the NASL which did after all feature legends like George Best, Gerd Müller and Teofilo Cubillas.
They could probably use it as a name for their reserve squad but it’s too stupid IMO.

Awful game by NYCFC. I think they are out of getting the 2nd bye seed.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
So NE Revs got the 3 points today to move closer to knocking Montreal out of the playoffs, DC are also closing in even more, Montreal better be on their game. So The Revs got the win today in part because a lot of NYFC were out for NT selection, now I thought that the MLS had finally stopped having matches during international breaks, guess not.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Inter Miami FC, BK
I am pretty sure its Club Futbol. Not Football Club.

I used to think being named for soda was as bad as you could get, but compared to these awful pretentious Euro poser names New York Red Bulls doesn't seem that bad.
Oh yea, clearly New York Red Bulls is so much different than Red Bull Salzburg or Red Bull Brazil.

I could probably include RB Leipzig too, but I won't because their name technically is not Red Bulls.

Last people who should be talking about Euro posers are Red Bulls fans.

If MLS clubs named themselves in traditional American style, they get made fun of because of how stupid it is, if they copy traditional name style, they are posers. MLS can't win.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
They should stick with the traditional American style obviously. It's what every American is familiar with and knows from high school, college and pros.

It was only called 'stupid' by Europeans who are resentful of America having a league in "their sport" to begin with and those who wish they were European themselves and primarily like soccer because it shows off just how European they are.

Of course, the very same Europeans mock the Euro or South American rip-off names as well. And they would always mock MLS anyway. The only people who these Euro names seem to appeal to are the europhile Americans who don't have enough self-awareness to see how silly it is to be an imitation, a cheap knock-off version of something from somewhere else rather than to embrace your own thing.

By the way, it was exactly the same scenario when European hockey teams started getting American-style names in order to look more NHL-like. It was dumb and the work of marketing men and their clueless enablers.

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I am pretty sure its Club Futbol. Not Football Club.

Oh yea, clearly New York Red Bulls is so much different than Red Bull Salzburg or Red Bull Brazil.

I could probably include RB Leipzig too, but I won't because their name technically is not Red Bulls.

Last people who should be talking about Euro posers are Red Bulls fans.

If MLS clubs named themselves in traditional American style, they get made fun of because of how stupid it is, if they copy traditional name style, they are posers. MLS can't win.
Shouldn't you be busy looking for tifo ideas you can steal from other teams because the Third Fail aren't clever enough to come up with anything on their own? Oh and I bet the old Melbourne Hearts supporters were amused reading your drivel.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Shouldn't you be busy looking for tifo ideas you can steal from other teams because the Third Fail aren't clever enough to come up with anything on their own? Oh and I bet the old Melbourne Hearts supporters were amused reading your drivel.
Where's the lie? I don't see it. Everything I said is true. I never said NYCFC and other CFG teams are paragons of originality and authenticity.

Just admit how stupid that comment was coming from a fan of a club named after other European clubs and move on. And learn to be self aware for god sake.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Where's the lie? I don't see it. Everything I said is true. I never said NYCFC and other CFG teams are paragons of originality and authenticity.

Just admit how stupid that comment was coming from a fan of a club named after other European clubs and move on. And learn to be self aware for god sake.
They are NOT named after a club, they are named after an energy drink. The clubs have their name because of the product, the name has absolutely nothing to do with soccer.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
:dunno: Some of us have teams that don't shamelessly ape European naming conventions.

...of course, that also tells you something about what MLS thinks of such things. I'll bet a "Chicago FC" will be showing up to marginalize the Fire by 2022.

Reactions: sabremike

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
:dunno: Some of us have teams that don't shamelessly ape European naming conventions.

...of course, that also tells you something about what MLS thinks of such things. I'll bet a "Chicago FC" will be showing up to marginalize the Fire by 2022.
MLS can't have two teams in Chicagoland due to some asinine stadium lease Fire has.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

I didn't expect Sigi to remain as head coach going into next season, but I didn't expect he'd leave now with the season almost over. And my guess is that our lazy ass front office will just hand the job over to Kinnear uncontested

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

I didn't expect Sigi to remain as head coach going into next season, but I didn't expect he'd leave now with the season almost over. And my guess is that our lazy ass front office will just hand the job over to Kinnear uncontested

Either that or they’ll convince Mou to come over and get another past it coach.

Reactions: hatterson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->