MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Precourt to Haslam.

While keeping the team is a win, not sure that it isnt out of the frying pan.....

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Precourt to Haslam.

While keeping the team is a win, not sure that it isnt out of the frying pan.....
He's a Tennessee guy, and Nashville already has a team awarded. I'm not too concerned. :vhappy:

EDIT: Oh, wait, you were talking about the state of the Browns. I remain unconcerned; Precourt's been a cheapass as well. Hell, if this goes through, I just might have to start following the Browns as well. (I generally don't bother with the NFL)

G-d, I hope this does get finalized.

Last edited:

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Haslam should be in prison is what I am talking about.
Browns "leadership" isnt a positive either.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Amazing that the Crew are looking to be taying! More fun with you guys in the league, plus those Yellow Jerseys are crisp!

Congrats Crew!

Reactions: sabremike

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I do worry that Haslam will come out and immediately demand a stadium paid for by tax payers. and Crew go back to square one.

MLS has the least leverage out of 5 leagues when it comes to stadiums. Not that any of them should get any tax money.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I do worry that Haslam will come out and immediately demand a stadium paid for by tax payers. and Crew go back to square one.

MLS has the least leverage out of 5 leagues when it comes to stadiums. Not that any of them should get any tax money.
This city in general is notoriously allergic to public funding of anything sports-related unless it's on the Ohio State campus. Both Mapfre and the Nat were built with private funds. (Huntington Park was funded by the Clippers' owner - that owner just happens to be the Franklin County government.) That's pretty commonly known by now.

And "back to square one", presuming it's still with Precourt out of the picture, is still a damn sight better than "you lose the team next year".

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
The Rooney effect seems to be pretty unbelievable. Has to be one of the most impactful single mid-season signings in the history of football.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Should just any result. They're 1 point back and have a superior goal difference.

I assume GD is the first MLS tie breaker.

GD is actually not the first tie breaker. The first tie breaker is number of wins. So if the Galaxy get a draw next week, the Galaxy would be eliminated because RSL has 13 wins to the Galaxy's 11 wins. A win ensure them more points than RSL.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
GD is actually not the first tie breaker. The first tie breaker is number of wins. So if the Galaxy get a draw next week, the Galaxy would be eliminated because RSL has 13 wins to the Galaxy's 11 wins. A win ensure them more points than RSL.

lol, that's definitely classic MLS to use wins as a first tie breaker :laugh:

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
It's a very good rule and it's starting to be used in more and more leagues. MLS does the right thing for once and some people still whine!

Reactions: sabremike

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It's a very good rule and it's starting to be used in more and more leagues. MLS does the right thing for once and some people still whine!
but... but... but MLS!

I mean, yeah, I'm as bitter towards MLS as the next Crew fan, but one can at least acknowledge when they get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->