MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hard to say that when the league has supported Galaxy and Seattle so much.
Seattle is the "Seattle Sounders FC" officially and has been so named from the start, so they're in the clear. And I fully expect LAFC to get all the presents going forward; Ibrahimovic was the last one. :nod:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
galaxy should try and bring arena back

sigi was such a god awful coach. but their non-existent defense is the real problem. chris klein needs to go too

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
galaxy should try and bring arena back

sigi was such a god awful coach. but their non-existent defense is the real problem. chris klein needs to go too
They are bringing in LD to be an assistant so maybe the plan is to have him learn the ropes and then give him the reins.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
They are bringing in LD to be an assistant so maybe the plan is to have him learn the ropes and then give him the reins.

I find that rumor about Landon to be suspicious because Landon has said in the past that he would prefer to coach youth teams instead of professionals because there are a lot more egos to deal with

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Can someone who watches the MLS regularly compare how they view Ezequiel Barco vs. Alphonso Davies so far? I know that Barco was highly regarded as an international prospect, and Davies is younger but seems to be doing a lot better.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Barco was the highest transfer fee eveer coming into MLS and with that comes a lot of expectations and quite frankly hasn't lived up to it. I still think he's a fantastic talent, but he hasn't been able to showcase that this year. Davies is an incredible story and could be one of the best players Canada has ever produced. Vancouver will sorely miss him when he moves to Bayern.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Davies has been much better. He's been a top 5-10 player at his position in MLS this season. I don't think Vancouver has had a better player this season than Davies. He absolutely looks ready to leave MLS, and move onto a better league. He has added precision to his game in the attacking third. For a better team that plays a more attacking style, he might have better stats.

Barco has struggled. He was suspended for an off-field incident earlier in the season, but even besides that, he's been playing less recently because his play hasn't been getting the job done. He has nice dribbling displays, but he runs into a wall too often. He doesn't show the awareness of when to dish the ball off to a teammate. He's not getting many goals or assists either. They aren't going to give up on him because of the amount they spent on him, but his play has been a big disappointment so far. The good thing for Atlanta is that they don't need him to play well.

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Red Bulls - is this finally the year??
I really don’t know. I don’t think they are the favorites but it’s really hard to judge. Atlanta, Seattle, NYCFC, Dallas, Sporting KC, and LAFC all look really good. Columbus is always hard to get through. The playoffs are tough and close to impossible to predict. Last year was probably the only year in recent memory that the best team of the season won and now that team (with pretty much the same players) won’t even make the playoffs.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Red Bulls - is this finally the year??
20180930_150712.jpg

Shake it up baaaaaaaaaaaby,
Twist and Shout, Twist and Shout!!!!!
No BWP, No Tyler, NO f***ING PROBLEM!!!! So much for The Greatest MLS Team Ever TM . Oh and f*** their classless overrated coach as well (Who by the way got owned by Armas).

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
This team won't win when it matters once again it's pretty obvious. Get ready for empty stadium as well like every year in playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad