MLS Thread: 2020 Edition

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
In a game with positively nothing happening...the Quakes with a beautiful piece of play. Chest down...first time through ball from Yueill...great finish by Espinoza

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
LA is black and gold bruddah. Accept it. Embrace it.
I’m a Clippers fan and so I can tell you LA is gold but not from the LAFC and I can guarantee to you LAFC will never be THE team of LA. It would take a dynasty that has never been seen in sports. Galaxy are the best franchise in MLS.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I’m a Clippers fan and so I can tell you LA is gold but not from the LAFC and I can guarantee to you LAFC will never be THE team of LA. It would take a dynasty that has never been seen in sports. Galaxy are the best franchise in MLS.
lafc fans love to think LA doesn't care about the galaxy and that the G's have no fans, shit like that

but the truth is they'll forever be living in the galaxy's shadow. sure, they're the better team right now, but get back to me when you've won 5 cups and all the other trophies LAG has

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Put up my 2nd biggest wager ever on LAFC ML and they repaid me royally despite the early games scares. It's ridiculous how much offensive talent they are oozing with even without Vela and Dio. As a RBNY, after watching them not even put a shot on target Thursday night, I am embarrased that we are in the same league. Watch BWP put up a scoring rate of over 1 goal per every other game with all that service coming from their front 4 + Kaye.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Put up my 2nd biggest wager ever on LAFC ML and they repaid me royally despite the early games scares. It's ridiculous how much offensive talent they are oozing with even without Vela and Dio. As a RBNY, after watching them not even put a shot on target Thursday night, I am embarrased that we are in the same league. Watch BWP put up a scoring rate of over 1 goal per every other game with all that service coming from their front 4 + Kaye.
yeah i thought for sure they'd win the cup last year

they should be getting a nice return for rossi pretty soon. not sure what vela plans to do. he should be playing in europe but they blocked his move to barca. he's far too good for MLS

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Man, that sure looked like handball from the ONE angle that ESPN had to end the Union-Orlando game.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
LAFC is about 22 years too late to have any fair claim to "black and gold".
even the galaxy wore it first

oaWDzCd.jpg

Reactions: kingsboy11

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I am a little irritated that play was allowed to continue for an extended Atlanta possession while Mokhtar lay injured on the ground in the opposite end, and as soon as the Crew were ready to advance OOPS TIME TO STOP PLAY.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I don't think we got a single whistle our way in the last fifteen+stoppage or something equally absurd. And yet Atlanta still couldn't score. Ouch.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
looks like LA will be getting a NWSL team

hopefully they don't have any connection with either the galaxy or lafc. most galaxy fans will not support a lafc-affiliated team and the same goes for lafc fans with a galaxy-affiliated team. give the team its own colors and identity

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
It looks like Henry has abandoned the back 3 which is the right thing to do given they don't seem to have the personnel for it. Wanyama looks like he thinks this league will be easy ....he's not in great shape and he needs to get to grips with the fact this is a decent league. Hope it is a good game.

Reactions: Basement Cat

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn

hopefully they don't have any connection with either the galaxy or lafc. most galaxy fans will not support a lafc-affiliated team and the same goes for lafc fans with a galaxy-affiliated team. give the team its own colors and identity
I mean, Mia Hamm is part of LAFC ownership group. So I presume they will play at the Banc.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

Yup I mentioned it in the women's soccer thread that I didn't want an LAFC NWSL team. I suspect that they could alternate playing at LAFC and the Galaxy's stadium just to keep everyone happy. Unless all those LAFC fans don't want to make the 15-20 minute drive down the freeway to Carson :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It looks like Henry has abandoned the back 3 which is the right thing to do given they don't seem to have the personnel for it. Wanyama looks like he thinks this league will be easy ....he's not in great shape and he needs to get to grips with the fact this is a decent league. Hope it is a good game.
Wanyama isn’t good at all. He was a really weird signing. There’s better DMs out there for cheaper.

Reactions: Basement Cat

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
RBNY need to handle Cincinatti big time tonight. This team looked toothless vs. Cbus because they're not good enough to compete with the true top tier of this league. That said, I am hopeful that they can pull off a few upsets in the knockout stages.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad