MLS Thread: 2020 Edition

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I think MLS prefers to have it more spread out. There are only two cities with two teams, and NYRB aren't really NY, it's NJ with a NY title. Los Angeles is the other, and giving San Diego a team would make it three in Southern California.
Sacramento is closer to San Jose than San Diego is to LA, I believe.

You could argue for another team in Dallas or Houston, but they went with an Austin team because it's still a pretty big city and the capital of Texas, like Sacramento is for California.
No, there is and never was any case for giving either cities another team.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

I mean Sacramento is like 3 and a half hours without traffic from San Jose. If we talking anywhere between like 5AM-9PM it’s more likely to take closer to 4-5. (Source: someone who has driven that more times than I can count)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean Sacramento is like 3 and a half hours without traffic from San Jose. If we talking anywhere between like 5AM-9PM it’s more likely to take closer to 4-5. (Source: someone who has driven that more times than I can count)
I knew many that did that trip by train.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Thats besides the point. Central California doesn't have a team, and it'd be 3 in Southern California as opposed to 2 in Central/Northern California.

Of course there is. Texas is a huge state with a storied soccer history. Dallas and Houston are the 4th and 5th biggest metro areas in the country. The population is very big on soccer, and they've produced a lot of good players in the state. FC Dallas is well supported. Houston Dynamo less so, but thats due it being a poorly run club.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Thats besides the point. Central California doesn't have a team, and it'd be 3 in Southern California as opposed to 2 in Central/Northern California.

Of course there is. Texas is a huge state with a storied soccer history. Dallas and Houston are the 4th and 5th biggest metro areas in the country. The population is very big on soccer, and they've produced a lot of good players in the state. FC Dallas is well supported. Houston Dynamo less so, but thats due it being a poorly run club.
Big on soccer. No necessarily big on MLS.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015

FC Dallas well supported? They average probably 5000 a game in terms of fans ACTUALLY at the stadium... The first thing you see when you watch FC Dallas games is all the red empty seats, likewise the orange empty seats in Houston.

Reactions: sabremike

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well the pandemic is 1 year old not 10...
And that 5000-fan figure has literally never applied any other time in the past 10 years, so, yeah, whatever.

I didn't think a third Texas team made sense either, but I'm a Crew fan so my f*** YOU PRECOURT I HOPE YOU BURN IN HELL perspective might be a teensy bit DIE IN A FIRE PRECOURT biased.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
where in the Metroplex would they put an SSS? that's why they're in Frisco
Arlington? Their reserve team plays at the old Rangers ballpark.

And FC Dallas fans agree its the better location.

I have to be fair to FC Dallas fans though, who the hell wants to sit in a stadium, without shade, in the middle of summer in Texas? Stadium itself was poorly designed for need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad