MLS Thread: 2020 Edition

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s not a much better market. Even though the Republic aren’t an MLS team they are very popular here. Also they already said it’s not going to effect the Sac bid.

I also think it's better to have the teams spread out in California. There's not a team for the central part of the state. Southern California has two teams, even if they are both LA teams.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Cincy had all this excitement and good will coming into the league. Then decided to but a shit product on the field for 2 years. Guess this is a good sign they are spending money? Though odd they do it all at once? When we might not have fans for a while longer?

Reactions: Basement Cat

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Also a bit odd to make that big of signing when the owners are threatening to lock out because they don't want to pay the players

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
All the main reporters are saying there's nothing to really worry about, and it'll get done.

Oh I'm not worried about it, they can't afford to not have a season. Just find it a bit ironic that the owners want the players to take the pay cut and then an owner, who hasn't shown a willingness to spend big since entering the league, drop 18 million on a player

Reactions: Basement Cat

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
What can you guys tell me about Haji Wright. He is close to sign with my team, Malmo FF.

Big body, 6'4 with good finishing ability, but don't expect him to dribble through defenses. Tied for 2nd in goal scoring in the Danish Superliga. Came up through Schalke, but Bundesliga was a step too far. Still 22 years old so there's room for growth

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I read that his team didn't accept Malmo's first offer. Do you think Malmo's going to make another offer?

The price is said to be 4 million euro which is too much for us. We where hoping to get him for 2 million euro. So deal is probaly off. Only team in Scandinavia that can pay that much is FCK.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Thierry Henry retires from CF Montreal (Montreal Impact); citing pandemic/family after multiple seasons including the bubble and playoff berth in 2020

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->