MLS Thread: 2020 Edition

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
@SJSharks39 is a Seattle fan.

I think there is more representation but they just don't come by too often.
Yeah Seattle fan here. Dempsey was my favorite player and now I love Morris/Roldan so don’t see it changing anytime soon. Actually don’t pay attention to the Earthquakes much. Can tell you they need a striker bad though!

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I think the Habs forum has their own Impact thread, but don't know how active they are.
Its actually pretty active.

And oh, I forgot about Impact, too.

Still, considering a lot of NHL cities have MLS teams, you'd think posters team variety would be bigger.

Anyways, am I to believe this is the same Earthquakes squad that got beat down by Sounders, Rapids and Timbers not too long ago?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I've had it with the Galaxy. 2nd worst losing streak in franchise history. There's just no vision in this team. Gut the front office, gut the coaching staff, gut the roster and start over. I can't think of one good signing they've made other than Zlatan and Allessandrini since Arena left. Every decision has gone from bad to worse. And you know what San Jose did, they changed their attitude and turned it around. That's just not happening with this team.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Its actually pretty active.

And oh, I forgot about Impact, too.

Still, considering a lot of NHL cities have MLS teams, you'd think posters team variety would be bigger.

Anyways, am I to believe this is the same Earthquakes squad that got beat down by Sounders, Rapids and Timbers not too long ago?

In our Kings forum we have general LA sports thread and I titled it with LA Galaxy and LAFC first and then the other major teams after that and they were not amused :laugh:

Reactions: Basement Cat

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
TFC has a thread on the Leafs board that gets decent traffic. The issue is anything on the Leafs board suffers from 'out there posting'.... Some stuff is just so off base!

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Philadelphia, Portland, and Orlando City pulled their reserve teams from USL.

The MLS used to operate a reserve league for years. I think they're bringing that back.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Are they not just getting rid of it as budget cut due to COVID?

In the case of Vancouver and Montreal a few years ago, it was due to budget cuts, but these teams seem to want to have their own reserve league. However, other MLS teams want to keep their reserve squads in the USL.

So... it's going to be a mess like the Dutch Eredivise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad