MLS Thread: 2019 Edition

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
I really just want to die right now. Up 2-0 and cruising and our best player gets injured. Up 3-1 and our DP gets injured. And to lose on THAT goal, THAT ****ING GOAL???? This ****ing team is cursed. 90 minutes back to NY from this ****hole, **** everything.
At this time the only thing that might end the "curse" is to get rid of the Red Bull gimmick crap and those awful shirts.

Great crowds and great matches, the new format is terrific, finally MLS gets something done really well.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
LA Derby is going to be amazing and single elimination has lived up to the hype I had for it!
Exactly, it's a great format for the playoffs AND it also rewards the teams for the "regular season" which now matters for real.

There were stats that with the home-away format the best teams completely lost their advantage and it was 50/50 results. Now with one game at home it's fair for the teams and great for the neutrals.

It's kinda like the NFL playoffs format which is excellent.

Reactions: robertmac43

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So who's their rival? San Jose or one of LA teams?
I’d guess Seattle or Galaxy honestly. Both have good USL teams that Sac Republic plays pretty regularly. I doubt SJ because they loaned a few players (Tommy Thompson namely) to Sac and kind of had them as a development team almost. The SJ/Sac will be the one the media pushes though.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Finally got Twitter working again - I dunno why the hell they're now trying to do that Facebook-esque "to hell with chronology, here's what we think you should be reading" garbage - and thereby just confirmed how much I hate their idea of curating because it means I didn't find out about Pipa's departure 'till just now.

Figured it was more than probable given how Santos did as a makeshift #10, but still. :(

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
At some point LAFC has to win, right?

This is totally set up to be that time.

I expect a painful defeat...but on the bright side this is almost a no pressure spot for the Galaxy. LAFC is a far better club right now and is the clear favorite. Only one team can actually disappoint tomorrow.

Zlatan had an unusually bad game against Minnesota...time for a bounce-back.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
What a game! On to the next one, there is some kind of magic feeling right now with this team!

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
This is totally set up to be that time.

I expect a painful defeat...but on the bright side this is almost a no pressure spot for the Galaxy. LAFC is a far better club right now and is the clear favorite. Only one team can actually disappoint tomorrow.

Zlatan had an unusually bad game against Minnesota...time for a bounce-back.
yeah i'm not expecting them to win this one. they've gotten lucky to even tie in the games they've played at the sperm banc

but like you said, there's no pressure on them at all given how good lolfc has been

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Bad blood between Seattle and Real Salt Lake right now. Pretty dirty challenge leading to it.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Bad blood between Seattle and Real Salt Lake right now. Pretty dirty challenge leading to it.
That was one of the worst challenges I’ve seen live. Absolute disgrace of a challenge.

On a better note, Seattle is through. Much much better in the 2nd half. This is a good team that should cause a challenge to any team.

Bittersweet though cause of Rimando. The best keeper in MLS history.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Nice to see the crap and fake baseball-soccer team out as well. No surprise there at all.

Tonight the games should be better.

Reactions: sabremike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad