Revs/MLS/Soccer MLS - NE Revolution / US National Team II - New York City wins the MLS Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
NYCFC has done it again, this time breaking Philly's hearts, and will visit Portland for the MLS Cup on Dec. 11. Union missed a glorious chance for a go-ahead just a couple of minutes prior.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
MLS Cup may have eluded the Revs, but they cleaned up on individual MLS awards:

Comeback Player of the Year: Carles Gil
Goalkeeper of the Year: Matt Turner
Coach of the Year: Bruce Arena
MLS Best XI: Carles Gil, Gustavo Bou, Tajon Buchanan, Matt Turner
Most Valuable Player: Carles Gil

As we know, Buchanan is already signed to play in Belgium for Club Brugge.

Seems more likely than not that Adam Buksa will be headed back to Europe once the transfer window opens in January.

That's two big pieces that the Revs need to try and replace. There are also whispers that Turner may have caught the eye of Southampton of the English Premier League.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
They gotta do everything they can to keep Turner.

Losing Tajon sucks as a Revs fan, but as a Belgian? I am excited for his new chapter in Brugge.

Losing Buksa would suck too. Got to trust in the plan though. Bruce has done a phenomenal job.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
MLS Cup may have eluded the Revs, but they cleaned up on individual MLS awards:

Comeback Player of the Year: Carles Gil
Goalkeeper of the Year: Matt Turner
Coach of the Year: Bruce Arena
MLS Best XI: Carles Gil, Gustavo Bou, Tajon Buchanan, Matt Turner
Most Valuable Player: Carles Gil

As we know, Buchanan is already signed to play in Belgium for Club Brugge.

Seems more likely than not that Adam Buksa will be headed back to Europe once the transfer window opens in January.

That's two big pieces that the Revs need to try and replace. There are also whispers that Turner may have caught the eye of Southampton of the English Premier League.

There's also the possibility that Bruce Arena pulls a Bill Parcells and looks for the exit door if he doesn't get to set up the roster the way he wants to. If that happens, the Revs are going to be so porked.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
There's also the possibility that Bruce Arena pulls a Bill Parcells and looks for the exit door if he doesn't get to set up the roster the way he wants to. If that happens, the Revs are going to be so porked.
For what it's worth, someone asked Arena yesterday if they'd see him next year, and he said yes.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
For what it's worth, someone asked Arena yesterday if they'd see him next year, and he said yes.

He has one year left on his contract. The question is what happens after that year. Which when Arena was asked, he left some ambiguity.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Last week I was in England and went and saw my team (Portsmouth) in the FA Cup for the second time, and fourth time overall.

... I've still yet to see them win. They lost to League 2 Harrogate 2-1.

But the experience is always enjoyable. Great seats too:

PXL_20211204_165624567.jpg

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I know they should be a rival, but I want NYCFC to win the MLS cup for the laughs. It would be hilarious to have the champion be a team that still plays out of a baseball stadium and to watch all those wannabe European hooligans in the Timbers fan base cry when losing on home turf.

Reactions: Saxon Eric
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad