Revs/MLS/Soccer MLS - NE Revolution / US National Team II - New York City wins the MLS Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
That f***ing sucked.

We didn't play well tonight. We came back but man. If we were just on our game...we win. Damn.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
For what it's worth, getting knocked out of MLS Cup contention on freakin' penalty kicks is why winning the Supporter's Shield means so much to me.

I mean...I guess? It's a trophy in the barren New England Revoultion awards cabinet but it's a bittersweet reward considering that the Revs were the best team in the league during the season but couldn't win in the playoffs when it mattered. I fear how this team will play in the CONCACAF Champions League when having to go up against the giants of Mexico like Club America, Leon, or Atlas.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
How do you set all kinds of records all season then come out and choke in the first round
Happens fairly often... including last season, when the Revs knocked out the Supporters' Shield winners in their first playoff game, as well.

In this case, I'm sure the 23-day layoff between their last match and tonight didn't help in the least.

Revs should get a goalie who doesn't crap himself when it's nut cutting time.
MLS Goalkeeper of the Year
Best Goalkeeper at the 2021 Gold Cup.

He's terrific. If the shooters execute, PKs are nearly impossible to stop without some degree of luck.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
MLS Goalkeeper of the Year
Best Goalkeeper at the 2021 Gold Cup.

He's terrific. If the shooters execute, PKs are nearly impossible to stop without some degree of luck.

I'm talking before the PK shootout. That Castellanos goal shouldn't have happened. The back line should have been in a position to clear that header but Turner should have punched that ball out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad