MLS 2016 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Meh, above average MLS dmid. Ok in distribution, nothing special on set pieces, pretty much coulda been a 10 year MLS guy if he didn't go chasing overseas money.

The MLS must be in poorer condition than I imagined if he's went chasing money. Thanks.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The MLS must be in poorer condition than I imagined if he's went chasing money. Thanks.

I don't think thats the reason. I read that he was offered a big raise, but Klinsmann has said that he wants national team players in Europe, and Kitchen's one of those players who right now might get called up one or twice per year, so he's probably trying to become a permanent call up. Kitchen was also quoted as saying that Klinsmann approved of this move.

I read that he had an offer in Germany fall through right before the transfer window closed, and didn't really have many other options besides returning to MLS in February, so he chose Scotland. I suspect he'd want out relatively quickly, maybe after a year. He's the type of player that wouldn't be bad at Celtic, but otherwise probably believes that he should be playing at a higher level than the Scottish Premier League.

Last edited:

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Orlando should have gotten that PK call. But either ways Orlando really missed an opportunity at three points being up a man almost the entire game.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I'm pretty sure GDS isn't going to embarrass anyone this weekend, not even himself. He did take a knock last week and, to the best of my knowledge, has been ruled out for at least today's game. Kennedy is out as well, but with that one I can't bring myself to care about enough to even shrug.

On the bright side Van Damme & Gordon should be available. Steres is rather lucky he got that goal last week because watching the tape I'd give his defensive play last week an F.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Podolski rumored to be signing a 4 yr deal with Toronto FC according to CNN Turkey.

Could probably be the best player in the league.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Podolski rumored to be signing a 4 yr deal with Toronto FC according to CNN Turkey.

Could probably be the best player in the league.

I doubt he'd be more productive than Giovinco. There's a reason Podolski has been bouncing around from club to club lately.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
MARCO PAPPA

Give Mastroeni the coach of the year for that sub :sarcasm:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Beautiful assist by Steres on Pappa's goal :facepalm:

Nothing like losing in the 95th minute...not that the Galaxy deserved anything better than a tie today anyway.

For the love of God, Bruce, play Zardes at his proper position. He's where the ball was going to die today. Again. He's not a winger.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Beautiful assist by Steres on Pappa's goal :facepalm:

Nothing like losing in the 95th minute...not that the Galaxy deserved anything better than a tie today anyway.

For the love of God, Bruce, play Zardes at his proper position. He's where the ball was going to die today. Again. He's not a winger.

And Steres was doing so well up until that point :cry:

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
In don't want to rub it in (ok maybe a little), but Adam Braz should be arrested for such a big robbery. I'm talking about the day he stole Harry Shipp from Chicago for peanuts. That kid's a gem.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
And Steres was doing so well up until that point :cry:

Yeah, a far better game overall from him until he set that up on a platter.

Gotta get a point out of that.

I'm not sure where the ref found 5 minutes of extra time there (looked like 3 at the absolute most given there weren't any goals or injuries), but that was par for the course in arguably the worst reffed game I've ever seen (keep in mind I've really only been a MLS fan since 2012).

The only 'good' thing about a game reffed that poorly was that it was sheer incompetence that affected both teams negatively in the same way, and it wasn't tilted one way or another. Reputation calls (namely on de Jong), phantom calls, obvious cards getting waived off, way too much added time...seriously, where does PRO find these guys? Though you could definitely argue that in the end it helped Colorado, scoring the winner about 2 minutes after the game had any business being played, but it's on the players to play until the final whistle and they didn't.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I doubt he'd be more productive than Giovinco. There's a reason Podolski has been bouncing around from club to club lately.

To Inter and Galatasaray? He was admittedly a flop at Inter, but he's having a very good season for Gala, despite the team under performing greatly.

I think his playing style is suitable for this league.

Don't they have 3 DP's ?

Hopefully Altidore is on the way out. He's hot garbage.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Amarikwa! What a goallll

Streamable version of Amarikwa's goal

That was one amazing goal.

I was at the TFC game yesterday and right when I was about to enter the stadium before the game their whole ticketing system went down. I was so worried I would miss part of the game like how some FCD fans didn't get into a game last season till half-time. Luckily, they got their system back in time for me to get to my seat for kickoff. I have been to so many sporting events and this was the first time this has ever happened to me.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I was at the TFC game yesterday and right when I was about to enter the stadium before the game their whole ticketing system went down. I was so worried I would miss part of the game like how some FCD fans didn't get into a game last season till half-time. Luckily, they got their system back in time for me to get to my seat for kickoff. I have been to so many sporting events and this was the first time this has ever happened to me.

I heard that they just banned paper tickets and never told anyone

Getting rid of Altidore will be harder than signing Podolski.

This is MLS - he'll go to some crappy market to sell tickets and MLS will cover some of his salary cost.

Podolski rumour isn't true but I do think Altidore will be gone by the summer window

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
I'm astonished that someone in an MLS front office thought Altidore would be worth that kind of salary.

Giovinco on the other hand is worth every penny. Proved it again yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad