MLS 2016 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
TFC 2nd goal was absolutely dreadful defending on that 2v2. No one followed the runner and defender on far side should of push the other defender to the runner. Good clean sheet for TFC, their first clean sheet since may 2015.

It was our last clean sheet since the Aug 22nd game against OCSC. We beat them 5-0.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Is being in preseason form when playing in the KO stage of the Champions League a good excuse for MLS teams continuing to fail?

I mean, it certainly has something to do with it, but no. The 'excuse' is simple. Liga MX clubs are more successful because they have better depth as they're not restricted to a salary cap.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Someone posted this on Reddit. I think this is hilarious.

BiF0JRDCMAA0fMw.png:large

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I hate watching this game on Unimas. The English commentary is so far behind the play

edit: Oh ffs we're already losing :shakehead

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
This is going to be a long year for the Galaxy.

Also year 2 and I still can't get the ****ing SAP function to work. ****ing Time Warner/Unimas/MLS. It works for everything but Unimas.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Tonight I'm Canadian.

In order to trick MLS Live into letting me watch the stream in English.

Whoever gave a Spanish-language channel exclusive rights needs to be punched in the ****ing face.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
SAP not working?

Never has for these soccer games. It's frustrating to say the least. Time Warner blames the Unimas and Unimas blames Time Warner...always fun when nobody is at fault for their product being crap.

Not that I was in a good mood about the Galaxy to begin with. You can never judge a Bruce Arena team on their play in March, but I was expecting to see chances by now...it's an all-out offensive line-up and the first team has done exactly nothing all pre-season, and that hasn't changed tonight.

Throw in crap goaltending and...oi.

I just want to see something positive out of this team. String together some passes, make a difficult save, anything...but it's hard to string together chances when dos Santos isn't willing to break a sweat, Gerrard could be pronounced legally dead at any moment, and half of the roster is playing out of position.

edit: Magee in for Gio at the half. Good.

Last edited:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Much, much, much better stuff to start the half.

Naturally the first goal of the season comes from the least likely guy on the roster, the 25 year-old former Los Dos captain CB Daniel Steres in his first MLS game (getting the start for a banged up Jelle Van Damme).

One post for each team already in the half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad