OT: MLB Thread XLVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I’m an Angels fan and I promise you I’m not just here to troll when I say Heaney is going to frustrate the hell out of you guys. He has a very bad tendency to just completely unravel any time he faces any sort of adversity on the mound, he showed us so many flashes over the years that made us think he could be a TOR starter, but he’s nowhere close. Great guy off the field but I’m not sad he’s off the team

I wonder if Yankees just try him as a reliever he isn’t better than Cole, Montgomery, Taillon or German and Kluber could be back middle of next month

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Getting Baez makes sense. You are banking on change of scenery as a catalyst for his bounce back. Ignoring pitching was a mistake.
Right. I guess just to finish my thought, if you weren't going to get an arm and really give yourself a chance, you could have just waited to try to sign Baez in the winter.

Reactions: darko

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I’m an Angels fan and I promise you I’m not just here to troll when I say Heaney is going to frustrate the hell out of you guys. He has a very bad tendency to just completely unravel any time he faces any sort of adversity on the mound, he showed us so many flashes over the years that made us think he could be a TOR starter, but he’s nowhere close. Great guy off the field but I’m not sad he’s off the team
I'm not surprised. Cashman's inability to properly evaluate starting pitching is well documented.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The Mets offense is such dogshit. None of these dudes can hit.

good thing we didn’t give Conforto a Boras special contract.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Pretty funny that the year the Yankees finally have decent starting pitching beyond their first or second starter and their offense completely wilts.

Hopefully Gallo and Rizzo help, but I feel like it might be a little too late. Especially with teams around them also improving noticeably

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The Mets are literally the least clutch team I have ever seen. It makes me actively hate them. And Baez fits right in LOL.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I would have bet a foolishly large sum of money that one of those high fastballs would have beat him.
It's hard to call out Baez when he hit a big 2 run homer earlier in the game. That's the kind of treatment arod got on these boards.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Can someone explain this Kumar Rocker situation to me?
After they drafted him the Mets became concerned about something they saw in his elbow. Rocker and his team (led by Boras) say his elbow is fine. The Mets have until tomorrow to sign him, and they want to but not at the $6M bonus they originally were offering. If they can't reach a deal, Rocker goes back to college (or could play independent ball or something) and the Mets will get the 12th pick in the next draft as compensation.

Rocker had velocity dips this season and his arm health was somewhat of a concern. Apparently whatever the Mets have seen since the draft though is much more concerning to them.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The Mets have 20 come back wins this year man lmao. We struggle offensively but it’s the one team I watch till the end cause you never know what happens
Clutch situations happen all throughout the game, though. It's great that they have that "magic" and all, but they have those come from behind wins because they suck ass for 8 innings. If their situational hitting for the bulk of the game was even respectable, they'd be completely running away with the division. Instead they rely on guys leaning into HBPs and walk-off fielders choices and all that. Like all those come from behind wins can only happen because they're so often behind LOL. And if they weren't a top-five pitching team it would be ugly.

I'm with you--I watch to the end because this group does have a flair for the dramatic. I wouldn't characterize them as clutch, though. Not generally speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad