OT: MLB Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
how happy would the wilpon's be if they didn't have to pay guys cause they choose to not play

lol - gates locked with a sign which reads “everybody take the year off!!!!“

Jeff would love it. “I can pitch every 5 days!!!!”

Elvis P

Stop! In the name of love/You can't hurry love
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
i

"It's Bobby Bonilla Day! Why Mets pay him $1.19 million today and every July 1

The calendar has turned to July 1, and that means one thing: It's time for Mets fans everywhere to wish each other a Happy Bobby Bonilla Day! Why? On Wednesday, 57-year-old Bobby Bonilla will collect a check for $1,193,248.20 from the New York Mets, as he has and will every July 1 from 2011 through 2035." https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29388441/bobby-bonilla-day-why-mets-pay-1.19-million-today-every-july-1

Reactions: Barnaby

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Wouldn't you be embarrassed by that? Like, coming in a little out of shape is one thing. Particularly with Covid-19 and all that, things have been weird. But your teammates are generally in shape, or at least something close. And you look like you retired ten years ago and eat at buffets three meals per day. Don't you feel any shame, any guilt? If I was a teammate I'd be like, hey, man, we need you to get your shit together for the sake of the team, we can't win with you looking like Earthquake from Samurai Shodown. Really, it's being a bad teammate and I'd be pissed if I were one of his, and f***ing ashamed if I were him.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
Wouldn't you be embarrassed by that? Like, coming in a little out of shape is one thing. Particularly with Covid-19 and all that, things have been weird. But your teammates are generally in shape, or at least something close. And you look like you retired ten years ago and eat at buffets three meals per day. Don't you feel any shame, any guilt? If I was a teammate I'd be like, hey, man, we need you to get your shit together for the sake of the team, we can't win with you looking like Earthquake from Samurai Shodown. Really, it's being a bad teammate and I'd be pissed if I were one of his, and f***ing ashamed if I were him.

I wonder if there is any precedent for failing a team physical based on weight. I know multiple teams have added bonuses for making weight, I don't know if there is a penalty they can enforce.

Although you already know, this is a known storyline for Sandoval, the Giants had previously banned room service just for him and he infamously broke his belt in Boston:

Although doing quite a disservice to their own health and performance, but all accounts, Sandoval (and others like him: Colon, CC, etc) were beloved by their teammates.

Last edited:

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Not that it really matters anymore as his Mets tenure will go down as one of the most baffling in team history but Jed Lowrie continues to wear his mech suit on his leg.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I wonder if there is any precedent for failing a team physical based on weight. I know multiple teams have added bonuses for making weight, I don't know if there is a penalty they can enforce.

Although you already know, this is a known storyline for Sandoval, the Giants had previously banned room service just for him and he infamously broke his belt in Boston:

Although doing quite a disservice to their own health and performance, but all accounts, Sandoval (and others like him: Colon, CC, etc) were beloved by their teammates.

Yeah I know it's his thing, but in that picture, anyway, that's just nuts. Like, Mo Vaughn, the Fielders, Boomer Wells, Bartolo, CC, Broxton, etc. There have been some fat guys just in the last 15 years. But Sandoval takes it to a different level.

Speaking of fat guys, remember Mike Fetters and that weird-ass delivery where he snapped his head towards home?

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
What a weird thing.

I just keep waiting for him to drop something like “the thing about my left leg is I don’t have a left leg”

What's fascinating is that he "doesn't want to create any distractions" but his very quote has reignited my interest in what the hell is going on :laugh:

If it was just a chronic injury that wasn't healing well I don't think any of us would think that much of it. His choice of words is very interesting to me lol

Reactions: nyr2k2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce