OT: MLB Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Boone let Tanaka throw more pitches in his last start giving up 6 runs than he did tonight pitching a shutout.

Absolute f***ing clown.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Friggen Mets can never do anything easy. Every stinking game they play, they always need to have unnecessary drama involved. Tonight but of course, the bullpen blows DeGrom's gem and they almost lose what was a pretty easy game for the most part.

Considering how much agita they've given me for almost 50 years, I'm surprised I don't have ulcers. They never fail to drive me absolutely nuts. But that's where alcohol comes in too help sooth things over...lol

Reactions: bleedblue94

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
From the Athletic article this morning: the Mets OPS with no RISP is .859; with RISP, it's .609. They should be scoring a run per game more than they are. Apparently (it doesn't provide the background) no team in history has had a split that large or even close. Coming into Tuesday they led the Majors in BA and OBP, and and led the NL in OPS+. It seems to boil down to a dramatic increase in chase percentage (and whiff percentage) with RISP. Across the league the chasing and whiffing only increases about 1% with RISP. For the Mets, it increases 5-6%. Including Rosario--14% increase, Conforto (10%), Alonso (9%), Smith (8%), etc.

I never thought Chili Davis was anything special, but I do wonder if him not being with the team is having a negative impact. This is a team-wide approach issue. It might actually be costing them more than their shit bullpen.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I don’t think the Mets look bad for this? Brodie is slamming Manafred. Unless there’s more than the transcript posted?

It’s actually shocking how bad Manafred is at his job. Mind blowingly bad.

They don't. Props to Brodie for saying what he did.

Mets got shoehorned into an awkward position by baseball's embarrassment of a commissioner.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
“I misunderstood that this was the Commissioner’s idea. In actuality, this was Jeff’s suggestion. The players had already made their decision so I felt the suggestion was not helpful. My frustration with the Commissioner was wrong and unfounded. I apologize to the Commissioner for my disrespectful comments and poor judgement in inaccurately describing the contents of his private conversation with Jeff Wilpon.”

lol

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
giphy.gif

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Selig kept those scumbags afloat when they couldn’t make payments.

just paying him back by burning it all down to defend Selig’s boy.

Reactions: jas

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Brodie getting fired today for sure. The entire fiasco yesterday was mishandled by everyone including the players. The game should have just been called off at 4. All the junk that preceded to happen after was totally unnecessary

Reactions: Leetch3

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
brodie getting fired would be amazing...get rid of him before he can do anymore long term damage.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Brodie getting fired today for sure. The entire fiasco yesterday was mishandled by everyone including the players. The game should have just been called off at 4. All the junk that preceded to happen after was totally unnecessary
I thought the players did it well. They wanted to make a statement beyond just saying, "We're not playing." They made a visual statement and a powerful one. It was all over the news last night and is still everywhere today. They did good. I mean if you want social causes out of sports or whatever, sure, then I understand not being a fan, but it's 2020 and with what's going on in the world this is just the reality. With that in mind, it was a nice statement.

IMO, anyway. The BVW/Wilpons/Manfred thing was shit, but it's the Mets so of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad