OT: MLB Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Trick question...the game only went seven innings.
LOL. Indeed it did. This 7-inning double-header stuff kills me.

The first game of the DH the other day against the Marlins I just had on in the background of my computer on mute. They wrap up the bottom half of the seventh and the Marlins guys are out of the dugout to high five and shit and I'm like, was my stream frozen for an hour and I missed it and it suddenly caught up? It took me probably 30 seconds to realize the game was over.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Boone hasn't been great, but having a historically high number of injuries for two straight seasons isn't helping his cause.
I know a guy who trains/advises professional athletes, including several current MLB players, and he's been telling me for years that the Yanks a) cheap out on what they pay (that old "the publicity of saying you're our trainer pays for itself so we shouldn't have to pay you what you're worth" nonsense), and b) keep hiring guys who allow their players to focus on building raw strength, when sports – and baseball in particular – is more about flexibility and speed.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I like how half of of A-Rod's statement was him talking about how much his bid was for, all the people with money that were involved, and all the guaranteed money he had rounded up. He must have been bothered by the fact that everyone made fun of him for not actually being able to afford the team.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I like how half of of A-Rod's statement was him talking about how much his bid was for, all the people with money that were involved, and all the guaranteed money he had rounded up. He must have been bothered by the fact that everyone made fun of him for not actually being able to afford the team.
That, or he thinks Cohen's offer is higher but not nearly as solid.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The Marlins used ARod to push Jeter to offer more, and I’m sure the Wilpons did the same in this situation to push Cohen

That statement reads like “I can’t believe I got played twice in a row trying to buy a team”

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Holy SHIT....Rosario wins the game!!.

We have to be living in alternate universe as Mets have never swept double header off Yankees....my lord. And yes I know the Yankees are big time banged up but still...Mets with two come from behind wins tonight....woo f'n hoo!!!

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
That's f***ing great. Awesome.

I literally thought to myself, "Rosario sucks, he takes the dumbest swings ever, if anyone could turn around Chapman of course it would be him." And then he does it. LOL.

Reactions: Bob Richards

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Luke Voit sucks defensively too.Like Hernandez said,you dont wait for the pickoff throw,you step into it

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Mets didn't celebrate too much on our field. Wouldn't care if they did but that was nice of them.

As usual, Boone is an absolute clown. Doesn't pitch Chapman for a month and expects him to get people out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad