OT: MLB Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
You can't tell me this is luck. Something is seriously wrong in this organization.

Payback for every Yankees fan shitting on the Mets for their injuries every year. It's not so funny when the shoe is on the other foot.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Payback for every Yankees fan shitting on the Mets for their injuries every year. It's not so funny when the shoe is on the other foot.
giphy.gif

Reactions: GoAwayStaal

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I honestly don't think about the Mets. All my hatred is reserved for the Red Sox and Astros. I don't have any emotion to spare after that.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I like this narrative that only Yankee fans poke fun at the Mets for injuries/idiocy/horrible losses/etc.

EVERYONE Pokes fun at them for this. I mean one of your players got injured by a f***ing boar.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I like this narrative that only Yankee fans poke fun at the Mets for injuries/idiocy/horrible losses/etc.

EVERYONE Pokes fun at them for this. I mean one of your players got injured by a f***ing boar.
That's not even the most embarassing Mets injury. I don't even think it makes the top 5. How about Thor getting hand foot and mouth disease? I think Happ had that with the Yanks as well.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Always the same players. Stanton is turning into Ellsbury 2.0. Last season proved we don't need Stanton to be successful, so at least it's not a huge loss.

I never liked the Stanton trade, did not feel it was necessary after 2017, but Cashman can't help himself.

It's a good thing they didn't trade Andujar. Now hopefully he can stay healthy...
Interesting to note that Castro has a higher bWAR than Stanton since the trade was made. Of course, a lot of it has to do with Stanton being made of glass, but still funny (sad) at the same time.

The Marlins are high key geniuses. Everyone scolded them for the Jose Reyes and Stanton trades, but they dumped a lot of salary that they were paying for injury prone/declining players.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
That's not even the most embarassing Mets injury. I don't even think it makes the top 5. How about Thor getting hand foot and mouth disease? I think Happ had that with the Yanks as well.

Cab rides taking down Duaner Sanchez and Glavine.

Ike Davis getting Valley Fever

Blevens falling off the curb and breaking his arm

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I know someone who is a very successful trainer to several major league players you know (on an individual basis, not retained by any one team). He says that the Yankees' training staff last year emphasized all the wrong work: way too much focus on building muscle, not nearly enough on flexibility.

So, he was all in favor of them firing the previous crew.

Unfortunately, when he heard who they had hired in their place, he just shook his head and said "more of the same."

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Interesting to note that Castro has a higher bWAR than Stanton since the trade was made. Of course, a lot of it has to do with Stanton being made of glass, but still funny (sad) at the same time.

The Marlins are high key geniuses. Everyone scolded them for the Jose Reyes and Stanton trades, but they dumped a lot of salary that they were paying for injury prone/declining players.

Jeter and Cashman did not have a good relationship after Jeter's 2010 contract negotiations. I'm starting to think that the Stanton trade is Jeter getting payback against Cashman...

Reactions: Cassano

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Why do people always try to make the steroid era synonymous with the Yankees?

The real power boom in MLB was from 1995-2001.

One Yankee in one season surpassed 35 homers those years. Our dynasty wasn't known for power.

I'm not saying we didn't participate and Giambi sticks out but people act like we invented PED's.

Reactions: GoAwayStaal

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

I'm all for the Andujar redemption tour - as much as I didn't believe in him as a 3B.

Beats watching Stanton die every two weeks as far as left fielders go.

I mean look, Stanton is an effective baseball player when he's healthy, but he's a cautionary tale against loading up on things you're already really good at.

*cough* Trouba *cough*

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Beats watching Stanton die every two weeks as far as left fielders go.

I mean look, Stanton is an effective baseball player when he's healthy, but he's a cautionary tale against loading up on things you're already really good at.

*cough* Trouba *cough*
Even healthy, Stanton is incredibly streaky. He was atrocious at the plate for weeks at a time two years ago.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Ruocco >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kay

Change my mind.
I’ll do my best!

Rucco is a try hard Joe Buck wannabe, who’s a fanboy in love with anything related to analytics. He gets giddy with analytics and can be condescending at times when discussing it, it’s too much. And I’ve become a big fan of Cone and I love analytics but Rucco really turns me off to it with his over topness. Cone breaks it down and explains it, Rucco waves the flag. Honestly I wish he’d just focus on the PBP more and let your color guys color. Rucco has improved a bit so I’m holding out hope. Kay isn’t great with the games either though. I generally like the Mets crew honestly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad