OT: MLB Thread Part XXI: Title Still TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I still really like Drury but this would be a good trade for the Yanks if it was centered around him.

Wonder if we could get Donaldson in the deal on the cheap because of his injury problems
Where would Donaldson play?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

I am not opposed to Happ. But would anyone prefer Stroman. I know he has years of control, but would we still be buying lower than normal on him because he has struggled this season?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The Yankees have a glut of OF's, it's not surprising that they were more willing to part with one. That part is speculation coming from the guy who I got the info from, but I'd say that he was probably right.
Which is speculation on someone else's speculation.

Let's just agree to disagree here and move on.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I would 10000000% prefer Stroman.

Doesn’t sound like the Jays want to trade him though.

I mean why would they. It'd be selling low on a good young controllable guy on a down year.

Now DeGrom on the other hand, his value will never be higher. This is probably his peak we are currently witnessing and a team could get him for 3 post seasons.

lolMets should probably deal him now if they can't re-sign him. But on the same token, they don't really have a GM ATM.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
No problem trading Drury and a lower level prospect for Happ.Thats a win in my book.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
No problem trading Drury and a lower level prospect for Happ.Thats a win in my book.

You're giving up a major league ready player who has multiple years of control for a guy who is a free agent in 3 months.

Literally the only thing good about Happ is that he owns Boston. I don't think they're going to be our biggest competition in the AL so I'd rather get someone who is controllable and just good overall.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
You're giving up a major league ready player who has multiple years of control for a guy who is a free agent in 3 months.

Literally the only thing good about Happ is that he owns Boston. I don't think they're going to be our biggest competition in the AL so I'd rather get someone who is controllable and just good overall.
They dont really have a spot for Drury.Rather the kid go somewhere and play every day.If Happ does well here,we can resign him...especially with Monte missing a portion of next year.Dont think the Yankees are worrying too much over obtaining controllable contracts as much as they are improving a much needed weakness and winning.The rest will sort itself out.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Who is the controllable arm that we can get?

deGrom and Stroman are likely not going to be available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad