OT: MLB Thread Part XXI: Title Still TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You keep the right ones.

Not Eduardo Nunez and Chance Adams.
He choose to keep Frazier and not Nunez. Again, more power to you if you have a true inside source that has quoted to you the real details of the last trade proposal. I have no such source and am just going based off of what I read and heard.

Cashman owes no apology to Yankee fans. In short order, he has assembled the youngest team in baseball, one that is one of the very best teams in baseball. His tactics are clearly working. If he chooses to hang on to a prospect that you would rather trade, his track record has earned his right to be trusted. At least to me.

Reactions: Monument

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He choose to keep Frazier and not Nunez. Again, more power to you if you have a true inside source that has quoted to you the real details of the last trade proposal. I have no such source and am just going based off of what I read and heard.

Cashman owes no apology to Yankee fans. In short order, he has assembled the youngest team in baseball, one that is one of the very best teams in baseball. His tactics are clearly working. If he chooses to hang on to a prospect that you would rather trade, his track record has earned his right to be trusted. At least to me.

Actually Frazier was the piece he was most willing to part with.

This isn't coming from the Yankees end so I don't know how valid that is, but I do know that it was one of him or Adams and not both.

Nunez kept them from getting Cliff Lee in 2010. The original deal had David Adams in it but he failed his physical (ankle injury) and Seattle asked for Nunez.

No one is saying that Cashman sucks and has been bad, but he isn't above criticism. He completely blew it with Cole.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If you have three infielders on the right side of the infield, and a pitcher on the left side, and you hit it to the right side, you're a special kind of moron.

Reactions: Monument

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Glad we got more bullpen help while our lineup still can't hit a team that literally doesn't have starting pitching.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Orioles and Rays will continue to determine the outcome of the AL East. Yankees simply can't beat them with any sort of consistency while the Red Sox steamroll them like they're supposed to.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Did we not have anyone else on the bench other than Romine there?

Maybe we should drop one of the countless relievers we have and add a bench player that we can have come off the bench instead of Austin Romine. wtf

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah what the team needs is another bat.

This is what they are. If they hit like this when it matters they're ****ed.

That goes for every team.
They always hit like this when it matters. Not hitting with RISP for more than a season and a half plus a postseason isn't luck.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Hmm idk because the beat reporters, are around the teams much more than you are...so yes they may not be “smarter” than you but they absolutely know more. Guys like Heymand and Sherman have great sources. They provide great information. They arent making **** up. It is what they are hearing from members of teams around the league. Dont come in here and make stupid claims like “they arent any smarter”, it just sounds like the easy way out of an argument
Because we all know that everything a beat reporter says must be true (after all it's on the internet). Do you believe everything Larry Brooks writes?

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

This isn't coming from the Yankees end so I don't know how valid that is, but I do know that it was one of him or Adams and not both.

Nunez kept them from getting Cliff Lee in 2010. The original deal had David Adams in it but he failed his physical (ankle injury) and Seattle asked for Nunez.

No one is saying that Cashman sucks and has been bad, but he isn't above criticism. He completely blew it with Cole.

No, he didn't blow it with Cole. Huntington wanted Torres and wouldn't back off of him.

He didn't blow anything.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Yankees have lost 2 series since May 25th,both to Tampa.Baseball is a funny sport.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Maybe he was and maybe he wasn't. You are essentially saying that he prioritized Adams over Frazier. Ok.
If you do not know how valid something is, then how do you know for an absolute fact that he refused to part with both?
According to you, he blew it. According to him, the price was too step. One seems to be a reaction from an outside viewpoint to the actions of the person who actually was in the room where it happened.

Cashman clearly felt that the asking price was what he was not going to give. You are claiming he blew it. Not sure what makes your viewpoint so salient. And I am not trying to insult you. He was not willing to pay what was being demanded of him. Be it doubting of what a home run giving up a homer happy pitcher would do when imported into Yankee stadium, be it what he thought of the quantity or quality of the prospects demanded. Cashman has made some bad decisions before. Without knowing what truly was being offered, it is very hard to say he "blew" it.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Maybe he was and maybe he wasn't. You are essentially saying that he prioritized Adams over Frazier. Ok.

If you do not know how valid something is, then how do you know for an absolute fact that he refused to part with both?

According to you, he blew it. According to him, the price was too step. One seems to be a reaction from an outside viewpoint to the actions of the person who actually was in the room where it happened.

Cashman clearly felt that the asking price was what he was not going to give. You are claiming he blew it. Not sure what makes your viewpoint so salient. And I am not trying to insult you. He was not willing to pay what was being demanded of him. Be it doubting of what a home run giving up a homer happy pitcher would do when imported into Yankee stadium, be it what he thought of the quantity or quality of the prospects demanded. Cashman has made some bad decisions before. Without knowing what truly was being offered, it is very hard to say he "blew" it.

I know he wasn't parting with both because of where the information came from.

Again, I'm not someone who blows a ton of smoke and claims to have all of these sources. This is just an instance where I happen to know someone who would know what is up.

The Yankees have a glut of OF's, it's not surprising that they were more willing to part with one. That part is speculation coming from the guy who I got the info from, but I'd say that he was probably right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad