OT: MLB Thread - Part XVIII: Home Stretch for Yanks. Coup de Grâce for Mets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Knoblauch? Clemens? A-Rod lol.

Arod was a salary dump (plus we gave up a pretty good slugger)., Gave up a pretty good pitcher for Clemens too. I mean they're up there, but didi took actual scouting and belief that he would hit, and yeah we gave up Shane Greene lol.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Look above.

Take the blue and orange glasses off. James' model sucks. If thats the type of list it'll compile, it sucked last year too and every other year its been in existence

Edit: just got a look at last years list, just as horrible as this years.

I get it, you're a smarter baseball stat guy than Bill James but that's no reason to accuse me of being a piles fan.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I get it, you're a smarter baseball stat guy than Bill James but that's no reason to accuse me of being a piles fan.

Mets, not Isles.

I'm aware of Bill James and what hes done. Unless his model accounts for dumb voters, it sucks and is in serious need of an upgrade.

Funny how you completely ignored my post where I laid everything out for you though.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Also.. Chad Green better not come into this f***ing game!!. its 7-0 and you have like a 50 man roster.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Mets, not Isles.

I'm aware of Bill James and what hes done. Unless his model accounts for dumb voters, it sucks and is in serious need of an upgrade.

Funny how you completely ignored my post where I laid everything out for you though.

Did you forget where I said it was a predictor not a ranking?

Btw you didn't "lay out" anything just have a comparison of random stats.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
"Brian Cashman is a horrible GM" How many times have we heard that from other Yankee fans?

Judge, Sanchez, Severino, Didi, Betances, Gray, Montgomery, Chad Green, Torres, Frazier, more coming. and other smaller moves.. Guy is good.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
This is the first time Cashman has really gotten the opportunity to build "his" team since the last core was really in place before he became GM.

Did you forget where I said it was a predictor not a ranking?

Btw you didn't "lay out" anything just have a comparison of random stats.

Those random stats are most of the major pitching categories :laugh: Do you want all of them?

I guess the better question would be why should Pomeranz be ahead of Severino? Because Bill James says so isn't an answer so I'll wait.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
This is the first time Cashman has really gotten the opportunity to build "his" team since the last core was really in place before he became GM.

Those random stats are most of the major pitching categories :laugh: Do you want all of them?

I guess the better question would be why should Pomeranz be ahead of Severino? Because Bill James says so isn't an answer so I'll wait.

Agreed, people say that Hal is a bad owner, He's actually the perfect owner for Cashman, he doesn't really butt in (most of the time) and he lets Cashman do his job he's paid to do.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
This is the rankings from ESPN's cy young predictor.

1 Corey Kluber CLE 175.8
2 Chris Sale BOS 165.8
3 Craig Kimbrel BOS 156.2
4 Drew Pomeranz BOS 142.4
5 Carlos Carrasco CLE 138.4
6 Alex Colome TB 133.5
7 Ervin Santana MIN 127.8
8 Luis Severino NYY 126.6

Here's the formula: Cy Young Points (CYP) = ((5*IP/9)-ER) + (SO/12) + (SV*2.5) + Shutouts + ((W*6)-(L*2)) + VB
VB is 12 point Victory bonus for winning division.

I personally think Severino should be higher on the list, at least 5th (BTW did someone earlier in the thread say kimbrel was having a bad season?)

Edit: BTW if you remove the victory bonus severino would be ranked 5th. :)

Horrible list. Why are they putting closers on there?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Sale won't win the Cy Young, no matter how many hairs fangraphs tries to split.

Sale had a 40 IP advantage when Kluber came back from the DL. Now it's down to just 17, and Kluber pitches tomorrow. He's pitched into the 8th inning in 12 of his last 17 starts. Sale only 4 in 17, and only 26 innings in his last 5 starts. That kind of pennant-chase durability is what voters tend to lean towards.

It should be Kluber. Sale has been very pedestrian lately.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
ignoring that dumb list....

Todd Frazier HR.. He's been quite productive for the Yankees down the stretch, same with Ellsbury, gotta give it to them.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Lets say Frazier would take a 1 year deal to stay in New York.. Would you rather have him or Headley (he can also play 1B as we've seen) on a 1 year deal? Headley is a better hitter overall, but I like Frazier's power. Headley has very pedestrian power.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Frazier wouldn't have any issues playing 1B. Headley is just a better player.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
In a vacuum, I might take Frazier.

But with big slashers like Judge and Gary already around, and guys like Didi and Castro who don't walk much, I'd rather have the guy who hits for average and gets on base. Fills a hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad