MLB The Show 18

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm batting at Legend+ on dynamic difficulty, but man if I'm against a lefty with a slider, you might as well just send me back to the dugout with a K.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I got my first Diamond, Peewee Reece who was my Diamond starter mission reward. Not a great hitter but excellent defense.
Everybody got the same players for their starter rewards. Pretty stupid. He’s decent but won’t be on my team long because he can’t hit.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
anyone else finding it really hard to work the markets this year? There is no profits to be had when ever I look.
I don't have problems finding good margins. It's just that with theshownation.com being down, I can't work the market while at work anymore. That would always easily be at least 15k profit a day while grinding at work.

Raekwon

Nov 28, 2011
Just got a donaldson as a postgame reward!
Worth keeping or sell for a nice profit?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Just got a donaldson as a postgame reward!
Worth keeping or sell for a nice profit?
it depends. Do you want help at other positions? Do you want to fill out the rest of your lineup? What does your team look like? Do you need the stubs for something else?

Raekwon

Nov 28, 2011
it depends. Do you want help at other positions? Do you want to fill out the rest of your lineup? What does your team look like? Do you need the stubs for something else?
Lineup is alright, I'm torn on keeping him or taking the stubs and working on a bunch of programs.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
This game is pretty racist. If the player is white, the walk-up song is some heavy metal or punk rock. If it's an African American player, it's some urban rap music. If the player is from Latin America, it's reggaeton or mariachi. What the hell. Thumbs down! :thumbd:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I finally started a franchise mode, and I’ve got to say, I HATE the new way of negotiating contracts. It was already a chore to go through and sign all your depth players, and they just made it worse. And to top it off, all the players aren’t even in the same menu anymore. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
I finally started a franchise mode, and I’ve got to say, I HATE the new way of negotiating contracts. It was already a chore to go through and sign all your depth players, and they just made it worse. And to top it off, all the players aren’t even in the same menu anymore. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

I never understood why we had to sign every single prospect at the end of the first season. I've always hated that.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
This game is pretty racist. If the player is white, the walk-up song is some heavy metal or punk rock. If it's an African American player, it's some urban rap music. If the player is from Latin America, it's reggaeton or mariachi. What the hell. Thumbs down! :thumbd:
f21553d8d6669bbeadcbae4f6ef9e53ea96453052a410cde3623a7a561724e3e.jpg

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I just won a free copy of this game this morning for my PS4 on the local sports talk radio station 93.7 The Fan (in Pittsburgh). I'm not a huge baseball fan, but I always like playing baseball games.

Over the past year my expenses have increased significantly, so I haven't had much extra money to dump into money and I'm very excited to play this one. I hear a lot of good things about The Show!

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I never made through one season for franchise mode, so I couldn't tell you. Maybe I'll sim a season later to see what exactly you're talking about.

I just won a free copy of this game this morning for my PS4 on the local sports talk radio station 93.7 The Fan (in Pittsburgh). I'm not a huge baseball fan, but I always like playing baseball games.

Over the past year my expenses have increased significantly, so I haven't had much extra money to dump into money and I'm very excited to play this one. I hear a lot of good things about The Show!

Congrats! I'm not really a huge basketball fan, but I get NBA 2K almost every year. It's amazing how far ahead MLB The Show and NBA 2K are ahead of Madden and the EA NHL games.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I started a RTTS the other day. I'm a pitcher in the White Sox system. I currently have a 1.65 ERA, a 0.61 WHIP and a 41/0 K/BB ratio in six starts (32 2/3 IP). They want to move me to the bullpen. What the ****?

(My adjusted pitching is on Hall of Fame. I think my offense is still on rookie, and I still can't hit.)

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Congrats! I'm not really a huge basketball fan, but I get NBA 2K almost every year. It's amazing how far ahead MLB The Show and NBA 2K are ahead of Madden and the EA NHL games.
Yeah, I don't typically get new Basketball games, but NBA 2K16 was free on PSN a while back and I thoroughly enjoyed that one.

I've heard a TON of good things about MLB so I'm really excited to jump into it. I love playing sports games, but the NHL franchise is one of the most frustrating games I've played, particularly NHL 18...

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Well this is weird. I started the day with 46k in stubs. I decided to buy the $50 bundle of stubs which gives you 67,500 stubs and like I mentioned above, i didn't receive my stubs but my CC was charged. I did email SDS about it. This was done via TSN. a couple of hours later i refresh TSN, and it showed i had 66k in stubs. Mind you I havent been working the market so I have no idea where this came from. All of a sudden just now I refresh TSN and it shows I have 281k in stubs, which would be way more than what I would have had if everything was working normally. I'm not going to make any transactions, i don't know whats going on. Has anyone heard of something like this?

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Seems like if you have a legit beef with SDS and they see it they’ll comp you extra to make up for it, my only guess.
Like I didn’t get 2 reward packs from Conquest emailed them about it got the 2 plus 5 extra regular packs.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Another note something is off with me or online play. Been grinding missions and investing team mostly since launch so my squad is almost all diamond and gold.

Playing online I’m now 2-5 in the frigging World Series beginner division. Granted I’ve only played while at least 7 beers deep but I refuse to believe I suck this badly. Seen a lot of complaints of Twitter about pitch speed being slow and I do find I’m way early on everything but hard to adjust

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad