MLB The Show 18

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
This is the one game I legitimately get excited for anymore every year. The streams look great for the improvements this year. Greatest sports game on the market bar none.

Preordered the MVP Edition. Wanted the All Rise from EB Games for the extra stubs, diamond starter and Judge hat but then realized with taxes and their shipping costs that extra content would cost me about $65 more than just ordering the MVP version off Amazon. I'll just buy a box or two of cards on release and my own hat from Lids and make up the difference.

And The Babe has arrived.

MLBTheShow18.jpg

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Last years game was slightly disappointing with what I usual come to expect with this game(Still put a ton of time into it but they really didn't upgrade anything significant) this year looks really good just off first impressions though.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Looks like they are doing the same thing to the RttS as they are doing with DD. You can no longer have a 99 everything player.
What are they going to do with players who have carried their save over from previous versions of the game? I'm sure many of them have 99 every players. Do they just lose those players?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I don’t like the sounds of them making it harder to be a top draft pick. It was hard enough as is

Sounds like they want it to play more like you're a mid-late round underdog working your way up rather than a highly touted prospect with big expectations.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
What are they going to do with players who have carried their save over from previous versions of the game? I'm sure many of them have 99 every players. Do they just lose those players?

From the article I linked:
MLB 18 will apply this system if you import a career mode from last year. You’ll choose an archetype after importing your player, but it won’t immediately change your attributes. So if you come in with 99s in every category, you’ll play that way at the start. But over time, you’ll see your attributes drop to that archetype’s caps — and from that point forward, you’ll only be able to maintain the ratings at those upper bounds.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Sounds like they want it to play more like you're a mid-late round underdog working your way up rather than a highly touted prospect with big expectations.

Ya but I’ve gone through the prospects showcase and struck out almost every batter (20+), and given up 0 hits/walks, and not been a 1st rounder. Being a mid rounder was a pretty common occurrence anyways

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Not much of a RTTS player but I might be now, I like this style of system where it’s all play based and not just where you allocate points. Makes every single play seem all the more intense and important.

Even if they slowly degrade a 99 player carry over you’ll be so far ahead of the game in the minors you’ll be racking up skills across the board.

I like it, didn’t think I would care at all about RTTS but I could see this being hugely addictive.

Also pretty crazy in this day and age for a game to say forget the micro transactions it’s holding back how we think the mode could be more fun. Love SDS, they take huge pride in their game.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Even if they slowly degrade a 99 player carry over you’ll be so far ahead of the game in the minors you’ll be racking up skills across the board.

Your player starts from wherever they were in last year’s game. So my guy will be in the middle of the 2022 (iirc) season, with the Blue Jays. I’ll still be destroying the league since my guys all 99s, but it’s not like they’re going to start me off as an 18 year old again.

Still Worth the 60 every year for me

Pre-order to play it earlier than everyone else.

The year to year saves is a brilliant addition, because, while it’s worth it every year to me as well, it means I HAVE to buy it every year. I’ve had my RTTS player since the year to year saves came out (14?) and I’m not willing to lose him. I’ve got to have him go down as not just the greatest player in Rockies/Jays history, but in all of baseball.

Last edited:

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
And those people who don't like losing the 99' everything can always adjust the sliders so they are 99 even when they are 60's or 70's. Plus there is the equipment that can boost stats. I wonder if the 125 cap that will be used for DD will also be avaliable on RttS.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Last year was my first year playing DD and I had a blast. I pre ordered the standard edition this time around and will definitely spend a couple bucks for some stubs day 1.

Sep 19, 2008
The thing is you aren't this "hot shot" prospect anymore that is guaranteed to make the big leagues, you're not a young Bryce Harper junior or some pitching phenom. You are a mid round pick. You have to earn your way to the majors and that's what makes it fun. No more supermen or athletes jacked up with 99 stats to breeze through the minors :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad