MLB regular season thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
K-Rod enters a jam, 4-2 game, bases loaded with 2 outs and Betts at the plate.

Betts grounds out, no 2013 ALCS nightmare scenario for Tigers.

The Orioles latest way to win a game:

Machado safe at first on error by pitcher Lyles, Jones scored, Schoop to second.

Saw the video of it and it was worse than I imagined. Should have been an inning ending DP, instead Lyles bobbles it, goes home and then the catcher can't hang on at the plate.

Last edited:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Sorry Kayla.

Can't wait until some team overpays for Madson. Ryan Dull should have been the closer post-allstar break.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Rangers gain a huge game on the Astros. The type of win that can fuel a team, that's now 3 straight for them.

Cubs have come back to tie it in the 9th. Bryant getting thrown out at 2nd may have cost them a lead by now.

Last edited:

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Sorry Kayla.

Can't wait until some team overpays for Madson. Ryan Dull should have been the closer post-allstar break.

shake harder boy!
j54d6Wq.gif

Bad News Bears

All goalies be trash
May 22, 2009
Australia
Now that O'Day is back, do the O's just push forward with their amazing pen, or do they try and sell of Brach and recoup some assets into a pretty bad farm system?

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I will be so happy if Panik and Pence somehow return to this line up this week. I'm so tired of Pena already. Williamson can stay as a bench player. Why are the Giants so bad post all star break.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
it was so obvious the A's were going to blow that game

just trade madson and make dull the closer already

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
You will now be treated to Braves/Twins for the next couple days.

Make sure you have room on your DVR's :)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Now that O'Day is back, do the O's just push forward with their amazing pen, or do they try and sell of Brach and recoup some assets into a pretty bad farm system?

Why bother? You need an All Star pen with the starting pitching the O's have.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

Not sure if serious.

Duquette buys every year, even in years like last year (the ill-fated Parra for Davies trade) and 2013 (a certain trade you probably want to forget) when they don't get in. No way they sell off any player off their roster now for futures. Plus, Brach will still have 2 years of control after the season.

Hard to believe the Dodgers are now just 2 1/2 games behind SF.

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
This has prob already been posted, but the Commish is thinking about limiting the use of RPs. This would be awesome. 1 per inning and 3 per game would be perfect.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
The Gyorko uprising continues, 2 run homer off of Syndergaard. 3-0 Cards.

Cards devil magic inhabiting Gyorko

Or maybe stop throwing him first pitch fastballs. Homered off Kenley Jansen on a first pitch fastball and now Thor. He wasn't supposed to get many at bats vs RHP this year. Those are some premium RHP he took deep on first pitch fastballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad