MLB regular season thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The Red Sox pitching staff is beyond a train wreck right now.

There is virtually zero chance anyone in the AL East comes out of the AL. Its almost a lock its going to be Texas or Cleveland. I guess its possible the Sox or Orioles or Jays could pull an upset in a short series early on but I don't see how any beats those other 2 from the central or west in a 7 game series unless you get multiple implosions from Hamels or Salazar or Kluber.

What a timely implosion by Papelboner.

If Syndergaard and Matz were not being held together by crazy glue I'd say the Nats were going to blow this division. They are like 10-3 vs the Mets this year but simply have not been able to put them away because of their God awful play vs average or poor teams. It could really get ugly this coming weekend with the Nats playing 4 in Cleveland and the Mets getting 4 vs the Rockies at home.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Joey Votto going on his second half tear again. Over the last 9 games he's batting .517/.650/1.512, with a 293 wRC+, :laugh:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
There is virtually zero chance anyone in the AL East comes out of the AL. Its almost a lock its going to be Texas or Cleveland.

Strange time for this statement. Texas has struggled for weeks and CLE has been very mediocre in July. CLE's been a .500 team aside from their incredible 14 game win streak. And what about the Astros?

Slush

Jan 26, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Chris Sale.. what a moron for what he did on Saturday tearing up the jerseys so they didn't have to wear them. Now he is suspended for 5 games. It was pretty funny what he did though, such a child he is.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
There is virtually zero chance anyone in the AL East comes out of the AL. Its almost a lock its going to be Texas or Cleveland. I guess its possible the Sox or Orioles or Jays could pull an upset in a short series early on but I don't see how any beats those other 2 from the central or west in a 7 game series unless you get multiple implosions from Hamels or Salazar or Kluber.

Orioles/Jays/Sox are all good teams. Flawed but good.

I honestly can't pick out those 3 and Cleveland/Houston/Texas.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Marlins Man is a pretty good dude it seems. I can't hate on him. I think a lot of people still were annoyed by him but he completed a full face-turn when he started to go at it with Hample.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Marlins man got the news he had terminal cancer and started doing what we all wish we could. Even after he got a 2nd opinion and found out it was nothing.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

I like the Blue Jays chances against Cleveland.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Chris Sale.. what a moron for what he did on Saturday tearing up the jerseys so they didn't have to wear them. Now he is suspended for 5 games. It was pretty funny what he did though, such a child he is.

It all started with Williams in ST, which was out of line (for Williams). Plus who knows, maybe he;s told them many times he doesn't like wearing them when he pitches and they've ignored their star player.

Marlins Man is a pretty good dude it seems. I can't hate on him. I think a lot of people still were annoyed by him but he completed a full face-turn when he started to go at it with Hample.

I think its amazing he can attend a sporting event (or just an event in general) every day and still run a reputable Law Firm.

satbank

Jan 11, 2014
Red Sox are going to losing but it has been an interesting game. Glad to see Drew Pomeranz pitching well second time around.

Also Clay Buchholz has been getting some bad defensive luck. It's like people forget how to play defense when he is on the mound.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad