MLB regular season thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
TJS doesn't always work.

It did last year though, that's the thing. Harvey had a great year coming back from TJS. This year he looks like Rick Vaughn in Major League 2, a bit too full of himself and losing velocity on everything.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Mets have come all the way back to tie it.

Taillon to DL with right shoulder fatigue. Ugh.

Yikes...pitchers, man. And this guy has had a particularly checkered injury past. That's the main reason why I traded him on the dynasty league team I inherited.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
speaking of hample, did anyone see him throw a tantrum on twitter he was apparently bumped by a fan and wasn't able to catch gregorius's HR the other night? i had a good laugh over it

and it might have been the same game but he got hit in the head by a mccann homer and the clip is absolute gold

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
How did Hample even get on the base? (the game was held inside Ft Bragg, yes?).

Security...Bueller, Bueller....

But I think it's also amazing how stupid people are to brag about what they did on social media...like they don't think at all.

Yes, the game was held on post at Fort Bragg at what used to be the driving range at Pope Air Force Base's golf course (Fort Bragg and Pope AFB were merged into one single installation in 2011). At one point the Army required that vehicles had to bear a DoD registration sticker (they looked something like below) in order to get into the base. I believe the Army's done away with the requirement (as have the Navy and Air Force - Marines still require it I believe) - it looks like a parking placard was given out with tickets. As it is now, to get on post you just need "a valid reason" to be on post and a valid government-issued ID card and possibly have your person and vehicle searched.

25499d1265448060-attention-military-members-base-sticker-bracket-base-sticker-bracket-002.jpg.jpg

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
It did last year though, that's the thing. Harvey had a great year coming back from TJS. This year he looks like Rick Vaughn in Major League 2, a bit too full of himself and losing velocity on everything.

It only holding for one year doesn't mean it worked.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Yes, the game was held on post at Fort Bragg at what used to be the driving range at Pope Air Force Base's golf course (Fort Bragg and Pope AFB were merged into one single installation in 2011). At one point the Army required that vehicles had to bear a DoD registration sticker (they looked something like below) in order to get into the base. I believe the Army's done away with the requirement (as have the Navy and Air Force - Marines still require it I believe) - it looks like a parking placard was given out with tickets. As it is now, to get on post you just need "a valid reason" to be on post and a valid government-issued ID card and possibly have your person and vehicle searched.

25499d1265448060-attention-military-members-base-sticker-bracket-base-sticker-bracket-002.jpg.jpg

Just shocks me, because I was with my parents one year down in NC, went to Fayetteville...long story short, got turned around, and when driving the road towards Hope/Ft. Bragg, and there was a guardpost before you reach the base...guys with M-16s, nice enough guys, but I would not want to mess around or take the chance...for a freaking foul ball of all things.

So I find it hard to understand how he bluffed his way on base, just imagine the traction a group like ISIS could've gotten, getting a bomb on base, and blowing it up during the game (I might be taking things above possible scenarios, but Hample isn't a military member, and he got on the freaking base).

For a foul ball. I can't even...

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Just shocks me, because I was with my parents one year down in NC, went to Fayetteville...long story short, got turned around, and when driving the road towards Hope/Ft. Bragg, and there was a guardpost before you reach the base...guys with M-16s, nice enough guys, but I would not want to mess around or take the chance...for a freaking foul ball of all things.

So I find it hard to understand how he bluffed his way on base, just imagine the traction a group like ISIS could've gotten, getting a bomb on base, and blowing it up during the game (I might be taking things above possible scenarios, but Hample isn't a military member, and he got on the freaking base).

For a foul ball. I can't even...

according to him he posted something on social media asking people to help him get into the game and apparently someone within the military who had gotten tickets to the game and had extra hooked him up and he was able to get onto the base and into the game with this person

still a major d-bag move on his part though

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
according to him he posted something on social media asking people to help him get into the game and apparently someone within the military who had gotten tickets to the game and had extra hooked him up and he was able to get onto the base and into the game with this person

still a major d-bag move on his part though

Yeah I read that as well. Call me old fashioned but randomly staying with a friend of a friend you've never met before to go to a baseball game primarily to catch a foul ball....I think my wife would urge me to reconsider my plan and it would never get to that point anyway.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
He actually apparently went on Tinder (a dating app) to find tickets. Was offering $1000 dollars for someone to bring him to the game. He says that the person who brought him was going to bring his girlfriend who had no interest in baseball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad