MLB regular season thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Braves interim manager Brian Snitker getting ripped by local media here. Pulls Tyrell Jenkins during his first ever start after only 64 pitches and 4.2 innings. Only allowed 1 run on 5 hits and had the lead. Let the kid pitch.

Sep 19, 2008
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nationals-3-hrs-beat-brewers-7-4-avoid-230254495--mlb.html
Nationals use 3 HRs to beat Brewers 7-4 to avoid sweep

MAKE SOME NOISE

Baker is asking the home fans to crank up the volume in the second half of the season. ''Some of the guys on the team wish our fans were more boisterous and crazy, like we see at different stadiums on the road,'' he said. Taking into account the transient nature of Washington, Baker added, ''We realize a lot of fans are new. We're trying to win everybody over to us. We need their energy, big time.''

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Shelby Miller's ERA is up to 7.14.

I've probably been lower on him than anyone else throughout, but even that's 2 runs higher than I expected him to wind up at.

What a stupid, stupid, dumb, moronic thread made by a team whose pro scouting department clearly consisted of a guy reading Baseball-Reference. When the fastball isn't working he's just serving up batting practice.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I've probably been lower on him than anyone else throughout, but even that's 2 runs higher than I expected him to wind up at.

What a stupid, stupid, dumb, moronic thread made by a team whose pro scouting department clearly consisted of a guy reading Baseball-Reference. When the fastball isn't working he's just serving up batting practice.

I thought Miller's ceiling was a #3 starter before the trade. They gave up so much to get him. Granted, Inciarte has been bad, and Blair has been worse than Miller, but losing Swanson could set a team back a decade if he pans out.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
We're so cursed.. :cry:

The Mets probably were going nowhere this year anyway. I think they make the playoffs as a WC but would be surprised if they did much, the lineup is a mess with injuries and I don't know how well Syndergaard or Matz will hold up by the time October comes around. You just hope this does not end Harvey's career because it has a track record of doing that or causing guys to lose significant velocity.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Yes, Turner Field's fences are 600 feet further out and all the outfielders get hoverboards.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
The Mets probably were going nowhere this year anyway. I think they make the playoffs as a WC but would be surprised if they did much, the lineup is a mess with injuries and I don't know how well Syndergaard or Matz will hold up by the time October comes around. You just hope this does not end Harvey's career because it has a track record of doing that or causing guys to lose significant velocity.

Umm, we were suppose to build of last year but health and an inconsistent offense has let them down big time. The biggest asset cannot for the life of them stay healthy this season. The Mets are their rotation and they can only go as far as they take them. In a sport where pitching wins, the Mets seem to have problems.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Umm, we were suppose to build of last year but health and an inconsistent offense has let them down big time. The biggest asset cannot for the life of them stay healthy this season. The Mets are their rotation and they can only go as far as they take them. In a sport where pitching wins, the Mets seem to have problems.

This is not uncommon to see a team where the staff is mostly young have a regression in the year following them making a deep playoff run. The Giants did it like 3 times in the past few years and they also had tons of injuries in those seasons too. The 87 Mets also had a similar season transpire to this year. The 1994 Braves PROBABLY were a good example of it too, of course we never will know but they were 8 out with about 65 games to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad