MLB regular season thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
If you asked me a month ago he should win the damn MVP. Lately though the Dodgers have been winning like crazy, even in non Kershaw starts. They have mostly played bad teams the last month up til this series vs Baltimore but by far the Dodgers I think have surprised me this year almost as much as any team. I thought they'd be lucky to reach 86 or 87 wins before the season started

I don't and will never understand this.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Guy in first year back from TJS is not pitching to pre-injury form. Who would have thought?!

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Mid season award prediction

NL MVP- Bryant, Kris
Best player in baseball on best team. Has done nothing but produce in the spotlight and now a two time AS in two years in the bigs.

NL CY- Arrieta, Jake
Kershaw losing time during a historic run will allow Jake to take the mantle back as the best in game. Arrietas much, much better run behind him, its now the time of season when Jake brings it.

AL MVP- Altuve, Jose
Has been a beast and seems to be getting better.

AL CY- Sale, Chris
Second best pitcher in baseball after Arrieta.

Biggest dissapointments
pirates- broken by the Cubs and have given up.

Blue Jays- Stroman is their top rotation pitcher. Buff said.

Biggest suprises

Orioles
Big Pappi
Odors destruction of Bautista
Shelby Miller

Altuve over Donaldson or Trout? I doubt it.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
The Giants bullpen is a dumpster fire. Yeah they have been winning but I say that's despite if the bullpen. Please Evans go out and make some moves. If Romo was strong enough I would like to see him as closer. Casilla is terrible at it.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Honestly, if the Cubs reach the World Series, I would be rooting for them. Obviously, seeing them lose and extending the curse would still be entertaining AF but watching a team break a 108-year curse, that's once in a life time. I was rooting for the Red Sox in 2004 vs Stl. The only other people who would be against a Cubs championship are Cards and White Sox fans. Maybe Brewers fans, too.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Honestly, if the Cubs reach the World Series, I would be rooting for them. Obviously, seeing them lose and extending the curse would still be entertaining AF but watching a team break a 108-year curse, that's once in a life time. I was rooting for the Red Sox in 2004 vs Stl. The only other people who would be against a Cubs championship are Cards and White Sox fans. Maybe Brewers fans, too.

Gotta have to think with certain posters on this board that most of the people here will be rooting against them. But to be honest even out in the real world there will be a significant number of haters. I'm proud to say that I'm one of them. I'm just not a root for the Juggernaut type guy.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Gotta have to think with certain posters on this board that most of the people here will be rooting against them. But to be honest even out in the real world there will be a significant number of haters. I'm proud to say that I'm one of them. I'm just not a root for the Juggernaut type guy.

If I've learned anything as a Cubs fan, it's that we're never a juggernaut. :laugh:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Mid season award prediction

NL MVP- Bryant, Kris
Best player in baseball on best team. Has done nothing but produce in the spotlight and now a two time AS in two years in the bigs.

NL CY- Arrieta, Jake
Kershaw losing time during a historic run will allow Jake to take the mantle back as the best in game. Arrietas much, much better run behind him, its now the time of season when Jake brings it.

AL MVP- Altuve, Jose
Has been a beast and seems to be getting better.

AL CY- Sale, Chris
Second best pitcher in baseball after Arrieta.

Blue Jays- Stroman is their top rotation pitcher. Buff said.

NL MVP - Bryant or Seager

AL MVP - Trout or Donaldson (unless they break the practice of awarding the MVP to playoff team players only)

NL Cy - Kershaw.

AL Cy - Chris Sale

As for the Blue Jays... lol. They are 2.5 games back of the Orioles for the division lead. Sure most predicted them to be easily leading the division but they are far from a disappointment.

Also Sanchez is their real top rotation pitcher if you go by the numbers.

& don't get excited ober your surrogate child being named an all star. Its nothing more than a popularity contest that can be easily influenced and corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad