MLB off-season news & notes thread - Part 2

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Apparently nats and white sox have re-engaged in David Robertson trade talks but nats are hesitant to trade any top guys according to rosenthal

They also want Sox to eat most of his $$$ or majority chunk while taking back junk prospects

If that is what Nats are offering to Sox there is no reason to move Robertson. Hold onto him until deadline

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
They also want Sox to eat most of his $$$ or majority chunk while taking back junk prospects

If that is what Nats are offering to Sox there is no reason to move Robertson. Hold onto him until deadline

If Hahn doesn't get what he wants now, he just has to be patient cause he'll eventually get it when the Nats will get tired of blowing leads in the final innings.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
apparently cj wilson is retiring to pursue a career in racing and car sales

i'm sure the angels will miss him very much

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
He put in two good years for them and was at least serviceable for the last two. I'd say that it was actually a pretty sound signing.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I always will remember CJ for when he was a Ranger and well before a game at the coliseum there were two Rags fans who had a big poster of Wilson and jerseys. CJ walked over and they asked him if they could take a picture with them and he said "I'm busy, I gotta go back with the guys". He proceeded to run out 20 yards and just stand there shooting the **** with teammates for 5 minutes.

Had a good talk with Eddie Guardado before the game. He was a very down to earth, cool guy. I also asked Frank Francisco if his chair was bolted to the ground and he laughed.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
9.9 PWARP
7.6 fWAR

I absolutely refuse to believe that his first season in LA is worth less than a win and if you think so, then I absolutely challenge you to a debate.

It sure as hell wasn't very good. He pitched 200 innings sure, but he walked everything in sight and wasn't exactly making batters whiff at that great of a rate.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Royals pitcher Brian Flynn is out 8 weeks after breaking his ribs, the injury happened when he fell thru the roof of a barn.

I kid you not.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Royals pitcher Brian Flynn is out 8 weeks after breaking his ribs, the injury happened when he fell thru the roof of a barn.

I kid you not.

I don't know if that's better or worse than Clint Barmes falling down the steps while carrying a deer carcass, or something like that

Or Smoltz burning himself trying to iron a shirt he was wearing... or Adam Eaton (pitcher) stabbing himself in the gut with a knife trying to get the plastic off a DVD... or Sammy Sosa (I think) missing a week because he sneezed to hard and gave himself neck spasms... we can go on with awesome injuries

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Didn't Buerhle miss time hurting himself opening a can of mayonnaise?

In the nhl, I remember Brent Sopel missing time with back spasms after bending down to pick up a cracker.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
OH, my favorite one I forgot... Marty Cordova missed time with the Orioles in 2002 because he scorched his face in a tanning bed and was ordered by doctors to avoid direct sunlight.

Or in the "Don't Try This At Home" category.... Reliever Steve Sparks dislocated his shoulder while ripping a telephone book in half emulating some motivational speakers he just heard speak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad