MLB off-season news & notes thread - Part 2

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
- Carl Pavano lacerated his spleen shovelling snow
- Brian Taller strained an intercostal muscle sneezing
- In 2010, Brett Cecil sliced his finger while cutting chicken breasts. In 2011, he cut himself while cleaning a blender. Stay outta the kitchen, Brett.
- Joba Chamberlain's near fatal trampoline injury
- Trevor Bauer's now infamous drone injury

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I don't know if that's better or worse than Clint Barmes falling down the steps while carrying a deer carcass, or something like that

Yeah from Todd Helton.

I recall a Juan Rivera one from late 90s when he was with the Yankees. Being new to NY he got lost on the Subway and wound up at the training just as they were finishing up. Coaches decided to get him to field some fly balls only for Rivera to run into a maintenance golf cart and suffer a knee unjury. May have missed that season from memory.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Not sure if this one has been mentioned yet or not, but Jeremy Affeldt sliced his hand while trying to separate frozen hamburger patties in 2011. Think it was so bad it ended his season.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Not sure if this one has been mentioned yet or not, but Jeremy Affeldt sliced his hand while trying to separate frozen hamburger patties in 2011. Think it was so bad it ended his season.

A relative mine did that once with an butter knife, his whole palm was sliced and he hit an artery.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Geez Dellin Betances is having a bit of a nervous breakdown post-arb hearing loss. If players want to file they shouldn't ever attend or even be appraised of anything that gets said in the room...TMI.

Apparently Randy Levine fired the first public shots though, now I don't blame the player for going off. The Yankees shouldn't be rubbing it in in public after WINNING an arb hearing.

http://www.fanragsports.com/news/yankees-dellin-betances-fires-back-randy-levine/

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Swisher had himself a nice career and got himself a ring in NY

But his time in Chicago I will remember as a massive disappointment and he didn't fit into locker room

Clashed with Ozzie and reportedly at times annoyed Sox more reserved veteran locker room

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
come on guys, no mention of glenallen hill injuring himself sleepwalking after having a nightmare about spiders chasing him?

that and cordova falling asleep in the tanning bed are the best

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad