MLB off-season news & notes thread - Part 2

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I remember when I was like 7 I would always mix up left and right field when the coach told me to go out there.

They just decided to keep me in the infield. Worked for me. :laugh:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
"Coach, do you mean MY right or stage right?"

I would just slowly trot out to where I assumed rf or lf was and waited for the coach(es) to yell at me because I knew I'd be wrong. Add the fact that I was much more interested in the color of my boogers and playing with the grass than I was standing in the of.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Khris Davis won his arb case.

He was awarded 5m for the season when the A's wanted 4.65....seriously, you took your best power hitter to arbitration over 300k when thr current payroll is less than last years? ****ing cheap ********.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Come on. No it wasn't.

Very well could have been...

XUZEINa.png

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Khris Davis won his arb case.

He was awarded 5m for the season when the A's wanted 4.65....seriously, you took your best power hitter to arbitration over 300k when thr current payroll is less than last years? ****ing cheap ********.

I'd do that... If you don't come to an agreement, you go to arb 100%. Standard practice.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I'd do that... If you don't come to an agreement, you go to arb 100%. Standard practice.

I get that, but I don't think the discrepancy here was worth going to an arb and arguing against the player. Some players hold onto what is said in there for the duration of their tenure.

And seriously, how do you argue a guy who just hit 42 bombs isn't worth 5 mil?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Someone who hit 41 homers last year is still unemployed.

Davis is a stud lf though. :sarcasm:

If Carter goes to Japan, as is rumored, he'll get paid well. I think it's a numbers game with him. He probably had better offers but held out for the best one. Now he's scraping the barrel looking for one.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Davis is a stud lf though. :sarcasm:

If Carter goes to Japan, as is rumored, he'll get paid well. I think it's a numbers game with him. He probably had better offers but held out for the best one. Now he's scraping the barrel looking for one.

Yeah, there were a lot of 1B/DH types out there this offseason.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
carter's looking for work because even as a 40+ homerun hitter he's still not a great player. 41 homers and a ops+ of only 114. he hits homeruns, that's really it. he can't even play first base.

a ****** team could bring him on to appease the rubes but he must be asking for a lot.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
carter's looking for work because even as a 40+ homerun hitter he's still not a great player. 41 homers and a ops+ of only 114. he hits homeruns, that's really it. he can't even play first base.

a ****** team could bring him on to appease the rubes but he must be asking for a lot.

I know that he isn't a good player, but I thought some team would look at his home run total and be like, "Hey, we could use a guy like him."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad