OT: MLB Discussion Thread: Part XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Give up the farm for either of them.

I wouldnt throw the farm at either. Both have had their ups and downs. Neither are a Kluber or MadBum. Or Greinke. However, I do like both, more Stroman than Sanchez, and I would be calling to see what Toronto wants.

The AL East is a 2 team division for the next 3-4 years with Yanks and Sox. Blue Jays are better off loading up with prospects.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Is there a reason chatter has been quiet around Jed Lowrie? He'd be a perfect short term player for many teams, but especially the Yankees. He didn't receive a QO either.

Reactions: Machinehead

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
So Cash doesn't want to give up prospects for Kluber/Bauer and he doesn't want to shell out for Corbin...

Unless hes planning to splurge on Harper/Machado, this makes no sense.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
So Cash doesn't want to give up prospects for Kluber/Bauer and he doesn't want to shell out for Corbin...

I am really hoping he has a plan. Happ is good but that has to be Plan B to Kluber/Bauer and MadBum options. Like Ive said I would want to get 2 of those 4....essentially one from Plan A as well as Happ pushing CC to the 6th SP, long relief role. He can very serviceable in 2 inning situations say the 5th-6th if a starter having an off day.

And I still want Harper or Machado.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Let's face it, the Yankees aren't saving money for a big splash.

They're saving money to save money.

Reactions: Cassano

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I miss baseball bitching about the big bad Yankees using the rest of the MLB as their farm. Yanks used to set (inflate) the FA market. Now they don’t ‘overpay’ for FA’s on principle. But the market fluctuates and some years you might have to overpay for the stars but it seems they have a philosophy they’re sticking to.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I
I miss baseball *****ing about the big bad Yankees using the rest of the MLB as their farm. Yanks used to set (inflate) the FA market. Now they don’t ‘overpay’ for FA’s on principle. But the market fluctuates and some years you might have to overpay for the stars but it seems they have a philosophy they’re sticking to.
I liked that philosophy when we were transitioning.

That phase ended when Aaron Judge debuted.

His prime is a window to win multiple championships. He's the type of talent to take a team to another level, like Betts is for Boston, and like Jeter was in the 90's.

And he's got a supporting cast already in place. This team just needs to fill holes.

Don't waste it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad