OT: MLB Discussion Thread Part IV: Tanaka Injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Seems like the Mets can never win a close, low-scoring game. This feels like a loss for sure. Oh well, at least we didn't get no-hit!

EDIT: On cue, lead-off triple.

BarbaraAlphanse

Step 1:

Trade Colon for the best prospect possible.

Step 2:

Allow Dice-K to be the 5th man in the rotation.

Step 3:

In the offseason, package Gee, aforementioned said prospect, and Wilmer Flores for a legitimate SS or LF. My preference: slugging LF.

BarbaraAlphanse

What a way to bungle that game.

Can next season (or September, so Noah gets called up) be here already?

He throws gas. I imagine he'll need elbow surgery in the next 3 years - either painful bone chips that need to be removed or TJ surgery.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Headley is probably more valuable defensively than anything else. Not sure he'll help much offensively. Regardless, seems like a worthwhile gamble for the Yanks.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Headley's hit much better in the last month so hopefully this is the turn around everyone has been waiting form. If he can come remotely close to the way he played in 2012 then Yankees got themselves a helluva player.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Headley wins it on a walk off. in just under 5 hours of the most boring game I've ever watched in my life!

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
deGromination!

Also, Herrera went 3 for 4 tonight with a triple and a homer. In a month of AA games he's hit .359/.421/.581 as the youngest player in the Eastern League. If I'm Sandy, I'm shopping Murphy at the deadline to see if there's a prospect haul to be had out there.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
deGromination!

Also, Herrera went 3 for 4 tonight with a triple and a homer. In a month of AA games he's hit .359/.421/.581 as the youngest player in the Eastern League. If I'm Sandy, I'm shopping Murphy at the deadline to see if there's a prospect haul to be had out there.

Pretty handy trade for Mets.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yep, Black looks like a really good late-inning reliever, and Herrera is absolutely killing it at AA.

Another trade that's working out well is the Dickey deal--d'Arnaud seems to be figuring it out at the ML level, Syndergaard is a gem, and now Wuilmer Becerra (finally healthy) is cracking the ball in Kingsport.

BarbaraAlphanse

Yep, Black looks like a really good late-inning reliever, and Herrera is absolutely killing it at AA.

Another trade that's working out well is the Dickey deal--d'Arnaud seems to be figuring it out at the ML level, Syndergaard is a gem, and now Wuilmer Becerra (finally healthy) is cracking the ball in Kingsport.

Becerra is a kid whose name I've started hearing a lot over the last 2 weeks. He's only like 18. Doing very well with Kingsport.

Reynolds has really cooled off since his hot start. Now batting like .320.

Depending on his this next week goes, I'd consider trading Murphy for two grade A prospects and moving Flores to play every day 2b. Guy is red hot in AAA.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Flores is also essentially a guy without the position. 2B does probably make the most sense for him. Never been a big fan of his.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Flores is also essentially a guy without the position. 2B does probably make the most sense for him. Never been a big fan of his.

He's probably a DH really, which doesn't help the Mets unless somebody deals for him.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He's probably a DH really, which doesn't help the Mets unless somebody deals for him.

I really think he's capable of playing an average 2B in the bigs. If he can do that, his bat could be good for 3-4 WAR annually at that position--which is actually a relatively significant improvement over Murph.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Perhaps its the state of the Yankees and Mets and the fact baseball is pretty low on my favorite sports list, but Im hard pressed to find a more buzz-less MLB season in my memory.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Wilmer needs to play at shortstop.

Ruben is not good. If you take away his IBB's or HBP's, his OBP is in the 320's. Maybe Wilmer is a butcher in the field, but he didn't look too awful there in his short stint, and Ruben's not good enough to stop a guy who's slugging 800 in Triple A from getting called up.

Free Flores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad