MLB 2023

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Today, for the first time ever, the Angels and Cardinals are playing each other without Albert Pujols in either lineup.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
The Mets are an embarrassment to baseball

giphy.gif

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Imagine banking on a 39 year old, a 40 year old, a first timer in North America, and Peterson who sucks. I am shocked it’s not working out

Poor decision in hindsight of course. But those aren’t just any 39 and 40 year olds. Scherzer came off a great season and Verlander won the Cy Young. They’re both on short term deals as opposed to deGrom who didn’t want to stay anyway.

I never thought Senga would show up and be great. I remember the hype for Dice-K and he wasn’t very good right away either.

Peterson and Cookie suck. Megill is being asked to do a lot of heavy lifting and is best as a long reliever.

Only solace is all of the guys they let go or missed - Bassitt, Walker, Rodon - aren’t doing shit either.

I’m not shocked it hasn’t panned out as planned either but I don’t know what the alternatives were. Also, it’s still super early, let’s reassess at Memorial Day

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Peterson sucks. Hunter sucks.

I just got back from the game. Brutal.

None of the innings were huge for that Nationals but they scored 1 or 2 in 7 out of 8. The pitching was bad, the fielding was bad, and the base running was bad (picked off at first with the bases loaded?!). Glad it was a nice day and there was nobody at the stadium.

Reactions: MJF

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I just got back from the game. Brutal.

None of the innings were huge for that Nationals but they scored 1 or 2 in 7 out of 8. The pitching was bad, the fielding was bad, and the base running was bad (picked off at first with the bases loaded?!). Glad it was a nice day and there was nobody at the stadium.

Back picked by the catcher! WTF

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Back picked by the catcher! WTF

The catcher stood up and I said out loud, "Oh f***, he's got'em," and he did. :laugh:

I think I should just stop going to games in D.C. because I don't think I've ever seen the Mets or Islanders win there.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The catcher stood up and I said out loud, "Oh f***, he's got'em," and he did. :laugh:

I think I should just stop going to games in D.C. because I don't think I've ever seen the Mets or Islanders win there.
Go to Philadelphia more often. You seem to do well there.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes