MLB 2023

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Senga looked good today in his debut. Showed some mental toughness too with how he got out of a bases loaded no out jam in the first, Glad to get our opening series win, even if it was against the lowly Marlins. On to Milwaukee to face the much tougher Brewers.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Senga looked good today in his debut. Showed some mental toughness too with how he got out of a bases loaded no out jam in the first, Glad to get our opening series win, even if it was against the lowly Marlins. On to Milwaukee to face the much tougher Brewers.
Miami has some good bats, and any team is tough. I think that the fish can be a lot better this season because of Arraez. However, playing Chisholm in center will murder them. He's so bad.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Mets may be playing opening day Friday, they've been panicking already with their weather provider they do not even want to risk a mid game delay. Be aware if you have tix THU you may be going FRI. They will make a decision Wed afternoon or evening on what they do. I really feel nothing worse than a mid game delay would happen but Manfred has been clear with teams since the start of 2022 he does not want any of this sell concessions and then call a game and Mets are aware everyone has off work Friday anyway so they do not have much heartburn here in moving it.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Mets canceled their home opener a day early. The forecast isnt even that bad. Completely screwed up my whole schedule. So annoyed.

This franchise just loves to eff me up!

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Mets canceled their home opener a day early. The forecast isnt even that bad. Completely screwed up my whole schedule. So annoyed.

This franchise just loves to eff me up!

I heard them mentioning on an earlier broadcast that the commissioner does not want a scenario where games aren't canceled and then need to be canceled after it begins (get concession sales and then canceling the game). With Friday being a holiday they are trying to avoid any stoppage altogether.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
I heard them mentioning on an earlier broadcast that the commissioner does not want a scenario where games aren't canceled and then need to be canceled after it begins (get concession sales and then canceling the game). With Friday being a holiday they are trying to avoid any stoppage altogether.
Buddy of mine spent a few bills on a ticket. He jas a flight fri AM. Money well spent

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
As a former player (at the collegiate level), baseball is a shit sport. I like the pitch clock, but it may take a couple years to come to fruition…

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

Manfred was evidently PO'd in 2021 because teams did this alot. NYY did it three times, once vs the Mets albeit the setup that day was very tricky and I felt the storms would not be a problem. It has been rumored for awhile teams were sent a memo before 2022 and sure enough we saw a ton of early postponements last year. This one I feel was they had concerns the Murphy pre game ceremony might run til 140 then you have a 3 hour game and if the storms came a bit early you're there til 7-8pm on a 90 minute delay. Also I think the pen being beat up did not help

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
This season is already off to a very stereotypical mets start in a bad way. They're already down like 10 pitchers and it's still April

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Friday is a holiday?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Oh : that religion thing some people do. Got it
Some businesses, governments, and schools are closed, so it's a holiday. Easter happens in a Sunday and nobody wants to miss out on a free day off.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
When JV returns, can we please take Carrasco out of the rotation?

He is painful to watch. He might have won 15 games last season and been "cheap" in terms of his contract, but he is simply a pitcher you can't trust and doesn't seem to be able to gut through a start. Just seems to bury a team early.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
When JV returns, can we please take Carrasco out of the rotation?
He's gone once JV returns. I feel sorry for the dude because he was pretty decent last season. Pitch clock is going to murder him. He just lacks any juice on that fastball and his slider is so easy to predict.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
As a former player (at the collegiate level), baseball is a shit sport. I like the pitch clock, but it may take a couple years to come to fruition…
The pitch clock is cool for watching on TV, but I think it really hurts the game when you're at the ballpark.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00