OT: MLB 2020 Discussion Opening Day and beyond

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
just even asking how much do the devils make off their cable deal? Does anyone know? Always assumed they would or could make a deal with sny and join the Mets broadcast

Devils get $25 million a year until 2037.

It’s a big deal overall but especially big considering the Devils mediocre viewership while being a poor team.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

I wonder how this would even work, they would need overflow channels cause all 3 teams do play at the same time during certain times of the year. Plus would you even show a 76ers game anywhere but South Jersey? Nobody in the rest of NJ or the NYC area gives a shit about the 76ers.

Certainly interesting to see how many comments on there are about people wanting them to sell the 76ers.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
They signed a 20 year deal worth $500,000,000 so 25 mil per year.
Wow that’s a lot esp for the devils being the devils.

so if the owners did buy the Mets and get sny which I read was a sticking point to the Cohen guy buying them. Would it make sense to move the devils there at some point? Sny from what I’ve watched is pretty good with coverage for the Mets. I’m not as diehard as others might be so maybe I’m wrong

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Wow that’s a lot esp for the devils being the devils.

so if the owners did buy the Mets and get sny which I read was a sticking point to the Cohen guy buying them. Would it make sense to move the devils there at some point? Sny from what I’ve watched is pretty good with coverage for the Mets. I’m not as diehard as others might be so maybe I’m wrong
I don't know if it really matters THAT much but I can't see it hurting. I'm happy with MSG for the most part but I don't think viewership would change that much but I have no basis for that.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I don't know if it really matters THAT much but I can't see it hurting. I'm happy with MSG for the most part but I don't think viewership would change that much but I have no basis for that.
Maybe can get some original programming or cross over stuff with the Mets

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Devils get $25 million a year until 2037.

It’s a big deal overall but especially big considering the Devils mediocre viewership while being a poor team.

The tv deal only goes until 2024-25. It was a 20 year deal signed in 2005. I don’t think any extension has been signed.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Cubs host Crew on July 24 for 2020 opener

The Cubs' schedule consists of 40 games against National League Central opponents (10 apiece against the Brewers, Cardinals, Pirates and Reds) and then 20 against American League Central foes. That will include six games against the crosstown-rival White Sox, plus four games each against the Indians and Royals, and three apiece against the Tigers and Twins

ill assume its the same format for all teams

lets go!

Last edited:

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
index.php

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
Looks like Josh Harris is prepared to battle Steve Cohen for the Mets, surprised SNY isn’t involved. Maybe playing the long game with Mets SNY contract ending in 2030:

She is plugged in with the Mets sale and has a connection to Steve Cohen

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
LOL Manfred...I get everything's unprecedented this year anyway, but to change the rules the day the season starts?!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They want to change the playoffs for THIS year, from 10 to 16 teams. But they have to agree to it by first pitch tomorrow. It's a gongshow.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't know why people are so averse to CG fans when they're willing to accept CG crowd noise. Let 'em try it...maybe it'll be derivative and a horrible reminder of what can't happen again for a while and they won't do it any more. Or maybe people will like at least losing themselves in an alternate reality for a few hours.

Either go whole-hog on trying to create a picturesque alt-reality or just do everything in real-time silence, no crowd noise, no mannequins in the stands. Doing it halfway to me is worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad