OT: MLB 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I've watched the Braves, Marlins (x2), Phillies and now the Nats win championships. Add on the Yankees 5 and thats 10 championships for Mets rivals in 25 years. Now that's suffering.
I don't consider the Nats rivals. Same way I feel about the Caps.

The Mets trashbag results is no fault of anyone besides the Wilpons.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
And for all my fellow tristate area homies, no matter which way you try to feel about Washington, I'd like to think we can all unify with a resounding f*** Texas and most things that have ever come from it.

Except for Blake Coleman and Tito's. They're the broken clock.

Reactions: tr83 and Blackjack

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I don't consider the Nats rivals. Same way I feel about the Caps.

The Mets trashbag results is no fault of anyone besides the Wilpons.

It just sucks to see yet another NL East team win again while we're not even close. We have horrible owners and an arrogant ass of a GM. It doesn't matter who the manager is, Jeff is calling the shots. And we have the pleasure of opening the season in DC next year to watch their celebration.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I've watched the Braves, Marlins (x2), Phillies and now the Nats win championships. Add on the Yankees 5 and thats 10 championships for Mets rivals in 25 years. Now that's suffering.

I'm not even upset about the Nats tbh...especially after some of Houston's pre-series off-field nonsense. Plus the whole NL playoffs was pretty much a who you can tolerate most rather than actually rooting for anyone :P

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Is this the first time the road team has won every game?

It's the first time the road team won the first six games in a series even so yeah it would be. Last year's SCF got close with six road teams winning in seven games but this is probably gonna be the first reverse sweep.

Reactions: Blackjack

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I'm not even upset about the Nats tbh...especially after some of Houston's pre-series off-field nonsense. Plus the whole NL playoffs was pretty much a who you can tolerate most rather than actually rooting for anyone :P
I do agree with this. This series has the feel of the baseball gods chiming in.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Because of all the Devil nonsense I didn't really watch so I'm just seeing now that Hinch pulled Greinke after giving up four baserunners in 6.1 innings, sheesh. Teams just cannot wait to find the pitcher(s) in their bullpen who don't have it that day.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Because of all the Devil nonsense I didn't really watch so I'm just seeing now that Hinch pulled Greinke after giving up four baserunners in 6.1 innings, sheesh. Teams just cannot wait to find the pitcher(s) in their bullpen who don't have it that day.

And he didn’t have Cole come in at any point despite it being Game 7 of the WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia