OT: MLB 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I wouldn't lose any sleep if Bonds and Clemens never got the privilege of being in the HOF, but honestly MLB wasn't punishing people for doing steroids during the balance of their career. Plus there probably already have been players elected who did PED's but never got caught, especially before there were actual drug tests. Technically Bonds and Clemens never failed a drug test, while people like Manny, Sosa and Palmiero did. That's kind of the non-starter for me - if you fail a drug test, sorry you don't get to go to the HOF - that means you A-Rod, Manny...other guys down the road like Cano too.

I think eventually the steroid guys do get in though. They want to put in Ortiz so they'll probably vote them all in during one fell swoop.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I wouldn't lose any sleep if Bonds and Clemens never got the privilege of being in the HOF, but honestly MLB wasn't punishing people for doing steroids during the balance of their career. Plus there probably already have been players elected who did PED's but never got caught, especially before there were actual drug tests. Technically Bonds and Clemens never failed a drug test, while people like Manny, Sosa and Palmiero did. That's kind of the non-starter for me - if you fail a drug test, sorry you don't get to go to the HOF - that means you A-Rod, Manny...other guys down the road like Cano too.

I think eventually the steroid guys do get in though. They want to put in Ortiz so they'll probably vote them all in during one fell swoop.

I think they'll get in after they die

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Harold Baines last year and Larry Walker this year dilutes the HOF significantly. Nice players. Not HOF worthy. What a joke.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I really do not need this **** right now, especially after nearly spinning out twice on the highway last night because my 'new' back tires both went flat on me (end mini-tangent)

Good thing Benigno didn't wait another day for his vacation, he might not have survived the apopolectic news. It's as if the Knicks and the Mets tried to one-up each other in getting the news cycle today. I can't say this is a complete surprise though, especially after the Wilpons backed out on that Einhorn dude a while back. It'd be nice if MLB puts the hammer to the Wilpons to GTFO assuming the reports of them maxing out their debt are true.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
As a Sox fan, this sucks. Trading Betts in a package with Price severely limited the return. Nice to get out of Prices $96,000,000 owed over the next three years as far as the "cap" goes but come on. This is going to be a very tough pill to swallow. Betts is arguably the second best player in the entire sport right now and they're not even going to get the a top flight player. Verdugo is very good but come on.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I really do not need this **** right now, especially after nearly spinning out twice on the highway last night because my 'new' back tires both went flat on me (end mini-tangent)

Good thing Benigno didn't wait another day for his vacation, he might not have survived the apopolectic news. It's as if the Knicks and the Mets tried to one-up each other in getting the news cycle today. I can't say this is a complete surprise though, especially after the Wilpons backed out on that Einhorn dude a while back. It'd be nice if MLB puts the hammer to the Wilpons to GTFO assuming the reports of them maxing out their debt are true.

LOLMets.

This is why I don't invest 3 hours a night watching them despite having the best TV crew in the league. I couldn't tell you half the players on the team last year.

If the Devils become the Mets, I will essentially walk away from them too. I guess that's a good thing about getting old.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
This is why I don't invest 3 hours a night watching them despite having the best TV crew in the league. I couldn't tell you half the players on the team last year.

The sad part is they had several outstanding individual performances last year. Alonso, deGrom and McNeil made the games worth watching.

Brodie is an absolute clown and his 'bullpen' cost them a playoff spot in 2019. I'm glad he hasn't done anything stupid yet this offseason but there's still plenty of time for him to orchestrate another "I'm Smarter Than You" Brodie move.

The Cohen news is an absolute killer on the fanbase. I'm holding out hope that it's a negotiating tactic but the Mets fan in me is expecting the worst.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Yeahhhhh... I won't be going to any Mets games this year unless it's in Philly. I'm not giving the Wilpons a dime of my money. I hope they rot in hell for an eternity.

It sucks thought because the Mets roster is actually a lot of fun and filled with some really likable and entertaining guys. This would be a fun year to cheer for them, but I still just can't bring myself to give those scum bags any of my money. I hate them with a burning passion.

Reactions: tr83
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad