Proposal: Mittelstadt (BUF) for Mercer (NJ)

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
You are correct, your entire post was nonsense
So not gonna point out where I used hyperbole? Maybe you dont understand the meaning of the word. I never knew posting accurate stats could be hyperbolic. You should email eliteprospects.com and take your cause up with them because thats where I got them from.

People trying to sound intelligent never turns out well.

Last edited:

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
So not gonna point out where I used hyperbole? Maybe you dont understand the meaning of the word.

Your posts add nothing to the conversation.

People trying to sound intelligent never turns out well.
hyperbole: noun formal UK
/haɪˈpɜː.bəl.i/ US /haɪˈpɝː.bəl.i/
a way of speaking or writing that makes someone or something sound bigger, better, more, etc. than they are:

CM talked up to seem better than he is (70 pts, +8)

DM talked about like he is worse than he is (40 pts, -16)

Also known as Hyperbole

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
hyperbole: noun formal UK
/haɪˈpɜː.bəl.i/ US /haɪˈpɝː.bəl.i/
a way of speaking or writing that makes someone or something sound bigger, better, more, etc. than they are:

CM talked up to seem better than he is (70 pts, +8)

DM talked about like he is worse than he is (40 pts, -16)

Also known as Hyperbole
Bro you quoted mathematical projectections and factual statistics that I posted and called in hyperbole.

I posted he is 60-70 so where is that more than 70?
I posted 40 so where is that less than 40?

Just wow :laugh:

PoStING MaTheMaTicaL pRoJeCtIoNs iS HyPerBole!

Last edited:

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Bro you quoted mathematical projectections and factual statistics that I posted and called in hyperbole.

No describing a player as better than they actually are while indicating another players ability as worse than it actually is - is Hyperbole. Using stats is just the way you are trying to prove your point. The thing with stats is that you can manipulate them any way you want to try to prove your point (ignoring recent other stats is an example of this). Based on your previous posts I don't expect you to understand this so feel free to seek clarify this with your school librarian or learning assistant

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Tage Thompson is a 55 point player?

Reactions: Boondock

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
If the speculation is true, that Buffalo isn’t sold on paying Mittelstadt, and they’re dangling him (out there) for a goaltender, a deal with Nashville just makes all the sense in the world. Whether that’s a deal for Askarov or Saros.

If Buffalo wants Saros (if he’s truly available) they have the ammunition to get a deal done, giving the Preds a couple of really nice pieces, as they retool. The future in Buffalo shouldn’t be very hard to sell to Saros. They’d likely want an assurance, he’d (at least) be open to signing an extension when that time comes.

They should also gauge interest in McDonagh. His value today, is more than it was when everyone knew Tampa had to move him. He’d obviously have to make another decision to waive, but teams like Detroit or Dallas would be very interested in convincing him.

With the right 2-3 moves, the Preds can take a big step rather quickly.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
No describing a player as better than they actually are while indicating another players ability as worse than it actually is - is Hyperbole. Using stats is just the way you are trying to prove your point. The thing with stats is that you can manipulate them any way you want to try to prove your point (ignoring recent other stats is an example of this). Based on your previous posts I don't expect you to understand this so feel free to seek clarify this with your school librarian or learning assistant
But you didnt quote that did you. I literally posted stats and that is what quoted and said I used hyperbole and it ruins the conversation.

Stats are not hyperbole. Thats complete nonsense. Go attack someone else, its not working here troll.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Imagine ending your post with “case closed.” I feel vicariously embarrassed.
It's pointless rehtoric, but the main point that Mittelstadt right now is a superior player to Mercer is correct.

I like the NJ Devils and actively cheer for them. But Devils fans are off base here. Mittelstadt today is a much better player than Mercer. Better two-way acumen and is a true center.

What the specifics of a trade + contracts would be are more debatable.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's pointless rehtoric, but the main point that Mittelstadt right now is a superior player to Mercer is correct.

I like the NJ Devils and actively cheer for them. But Devils fans are off base here. Mittelstadt today is a much better player than Mercer. Better two-way acumen and is a true center.

It's the contract and potential for growth that is certainly up for debate. It's possible Mercer can grow into the player Mittelstadt is but at a younger age. And for now, signing him as a speedy depth player who has come up through their system seems like a more economical option than making a move for Mittelstadt.

Reactions: Mattilaus

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Mercer is a top six wing next season when Toffoli isn’t extended. Why trade him for a guy that would have to play on a third line but be paid as a second liner? Just not a great fit. Mitts needs to go to a team where he can be a 2C.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Mercer is a top six wing next season when Toffoli isn’t extended. Why trade him for a guy that would have to play on a third line but be paid as a second liner? Just not a great fit. Mitts needs to go to a team where he can be a 2C.

Or, uhh, stay on the team he's on, which both he and the team's GM have publicly stated is what they both want and are working on.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
Or, uhh, stay on the team he's on, which both he and the team's GM have publicly stated is what they both want and are working on.

Of course that will work. I should have been clear about that. If Buffalo actually wanted to move him he should go where he could fill the role of a 2C. If Buffalo wants to sign him longer term that is probably best for both Mitts and Buffalo.

Reactions: Irie

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Again, like I said, I'm not making any statement on trades or contracts. I'm saying Mittelstadt is a better player.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Again, like I said, I'm not making any statement on trades or contracts. I'm saying Mittelstadt is a better player.
That's fair. It's a bit of apples and oranges though to me. Their skill sets are a bit different and they are asked to do some different things and of course, you have to compare the younger Mittlestat to the current Mercer. In the broader context I'm guessing both would have their fans and critics. I see them both as nice complementary pieces.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
That's fair. It's a bit of apples and oranges though to me. Their skill sets are a bit different and they are asked to do some different things and of course, you have to compare the younger Mittlestat to the current Mercer. In the broader context I'm guessing both would have their fans and critics. I see them both as nice complementary pieces.
I don't think you have to. I'm saying the current Mittelstadt is better than the current Mercer. That's just true. Could Mercer be better in the future? Yes, certainly possible.

Their skillsets are different, but centers carry more value and Mittelstadt is a true center. He's also a much better two-way player at this point too, which is really the main difference for me at this point.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
If the speculation is true, that Buffalo isn’t sold on paying Mittelstadt, and they’re dangling him (out there) for a goaltender, a deal with Nashville just makes all the sense in the world. Whether that’s a deal for Askarov or Saros.

If Buffalo wants Saros (if he’s truly available) they have the ammunition to get a deal done, giving the Preds a couple of really nice pieces, as they retool. The future in Buffalo shouldn’t be very hard to sell to Saros. They’d likely want an assurance, he’d (at least) be open to signing an extension when that time comes.

They should also gauge interest in McDonagh. His value today, is more than it was when everyone knew Tampa had to move him. He’d obviously have to make another decision to waive, but teams like Detroit or Dallas would be very interested in convincing him.

With the right 2-3 moves, the Preds can take a big step rather quickly.

McDonagh makes zero sense for the Sabres. He's a left handed defensemen. We don't need him. I love his profile as a player otherwise. This is the same case for Hanifin or any other left handed defensemen. Unless someone wants to take back Samuelsson.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
McDonagh makes zero sense for the Sabres. He's a left handed defensemen. We don't need him. I love his profile as a player otherwise. This is the same case for Hanifin or any other left handed defensemen. Unless someone wants to take back Samuelsson.
That was Nashville should gauge interest in McDonagh, if they were gonna sell Saros, not the Sabres wanting him. Think it’s moot anyway. Can’t see the Preds moving Saros on their current playoff run.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
That was Nashville should gauge interest in McDonagh, if they were gonna sell Saros, not the Sabres wanting him. Think it’s moot anyway. Can’t see the Preds moving Saros on their current playoff run.

Buffalo’s problem isn’t goaltending anyway. Subtracting Mittelstadt and adding Saros would make the Sabres worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad