Speculation: Mitchkov or Zach Benson.

Who do you pick

• Matvei Mitchkov

• Zach Benson

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Very tough question.

Michkov is right up there with Bedard but at some point we have to draw a line because there is also massive opportunity cost in picking him if he don't come.

Habs desperately need superstar and Michkov is one. He would end the rebuild the second he is here.

Where i draw the line personally, is when i believe the player have very low odds of becoming a superstar. Benson is not one of them.

He is an awesome player and has an awesome skillset. I think he has strong superstar potential and he would round our top 6 greatly with the player we already have in place, even better if we acquire PLD, therefore i would chose him above Michkov.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I'm not mad of picking either one.
Mitchkov is the best prospect....but considering the whole contract thing, would take Benson.

Reactions: phillytennis

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Montreal have the 5th overall pick and both are available who do you pick ?
Michkov is going to be selected second overall, he's just too good to pass on even with all the outside factors surrounding him.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
i'll take the 2nd best prospect of the draft and not worry about rushing him to the NHL
It's ok, he doesn't mind. Loves playing as the big fish in the small pond. He may get to the NHL before 2026 only if they kick him out of the league for repeated abuse of officials. Then he and his clan will suddenly prioritize the NHL.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Don't @ me with that bullshit.
Well, he is 148 pounds.

He has a reputation for abusing referees when he does not get the calls he wants.

And he signed a 5 year deal to play in the KHL.

These are facts.

He may grow, he may grow up, he may come over eventually, but these are legitimate risks. Why not draft another very good player instead?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad