Injury Report: Mitchell Marner ankle injury (will miss at least 4 weeks)

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
I'm being facetious here but hope we lose enough games to finish out of the playoffs and get a lottery pick (move up like Philly did 14th to 2nd). We can save our 1st if lottery protected otherwise we get zero for what is shaping up to be a write off year.
I think most here agree this is no a contender even when fully healthy. Team defense is OHL bad, seriously terrible.

Reactions: shanwhatplan

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I'm being facetious here but hope we lose enough games to finish out of the playoffs and get a lottery pick (move up like Philly did 14th to 2nd). We can save our 1st if lottery protected otherwise we get zero for what is shaping up to be a write off year.
I think most here agree this is no a contender even when fully healthy. Team defense is OHL bad, seriously terrible.
why insult the OHL? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Devonator

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017

I really think you should go speak to some St Louis fans, see how horrible they felt their team was in late January last season!!!!

No need to jump off the bandwagon just yet. The season is a long one. I think they will turn it around.

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
I really think you should go speak to some St Louis fans, see how horrible they felt their team was in late January last season!!!!

No need to jump off the bandwagon just yet. The season is a long one. I think they will turn it around.
I'm not a bad wagoner. i have preached this sentiment for a very very long time

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
I love mitch and think he is a star. However its clearly we need a another great D and a big strong forechecking winger.

This is where we see our team without mitch and maybe we can trade him this summer. He is not worth 11 mill or at least the leafs cant afford a 3rd 11 mill player.

Hyman Matthews Nylander
Johnsson Tavares Kapanen
Mikheyev Kerfoot Moore
Korshkov Gauthier Timashov

Run these lines until he gets back and see how tavares does with those two wingers. I think he will be great as he will adjust to being more like how he was in the island. Setting up players rather than waiting for the setup.

I would love to see the Matthews-Nylander-Hyman line reunited.

That's right, y'all...come @ me!!!

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
I fear but certainly not hoping it is some form of ligament damage. If it's the Achilles tendon, that would not be good for a smooth skater like Marner.

That was my fear when I saw him bambi-ing all over the ice.

Just look at EK65......a shell of his pre-achilles injury....let's hope it's not that!

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
So Marner wont be placed on IR until around the end of November?

i think leafs should do it. it would give them a considerable amount of cap savings i think. worst case scenario he needs to stay out an extra game or two. marner on ltir could be the difference of us being able to get a backup goalie or not. i think cap is calculated daily so him out a month at $11 million will add up quickly.

Reactions: supermann_98

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014

Both Marner and Tavares have struggled massively at 5v5 this season. But they haven't been slouching defensively IMO and they are still putting in the effort. Just need the puck-luck to go their way, which they got ample of last year.

Unfortunately for Tavares, he has to burden that alone with Marner injured and may face some unfair criticism until that puck-luck comes back.

Reactions: CelticDruid

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Hyman - Tavares - Kerfoot seems to be what will happen if we look at yesterday, but it's possible they will want Kerfoot as a center more than a winger game to game.
oh its like that now sire. Pretty surprising if they play even one game with those fools in the same. I would prefer kerfoot always on center, he makes us better.

Tavvy might want to welcome hyman back instantly with an assist on his (hyman's) goal. I'ma see to that.

Moore or Kapanen with Tavares is more what I would like to see. Imagine those two coneheads hyman and kapanen doing all kinds of D-work with tavvy, speedy and all, but still not getting enough goals done. That might happen too mayne.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Both Marner and Tavares have struggled massively at 5v5 this season. But they haven't been slouching defensively IMO and they are still putting in the effort. Just need the puck-luck to go their way, which they got ample of last year.

Unfortunately for Tavares, he has to burden that alone with Marner injured and may face some unfair criticism until that puck-luck comes back.
He (tavares) already scored yesterday without marner. And assisted on some too. Tavvy don't need nodody. He the best like khaled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad