Injury Report: Mitchell Marner ankle injury (will miss at least 4 weeks)

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Hopefully he is ok for the game against the isles. Will be a tough game and JT will probably play bad as it is with the environment he will face. Need more than one line contributing. Hopefully marner and Hyman join Tavares on the 2nd line this Wednesday

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
not good, but he hasn't played well this season. At the very least, this gives him a bit of a break to regroup.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It's pretty crazy when we're unhappy with a player's performance who is >1ppg, 53.7% ES CF, 13th in league scoring.

It's because despite the numbers, he hasn't looked particularly sharp... And even if his actual performance matched his numbers, it is still nowhere near the amount of money he was demanding or ultimately received. He wanted to get paid, he needs to live up to it now... Especially when it looks like he was ready to sit out to get it.

All I am going to say is this is nowhere near as devastating as losing Tavares.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Please don't be to bad
Please don't be to bad
Please don't be to bad
Please don't be to bad
Please don't be to bad
:crossfing

Here's hoping it's not to bad and we can get our full compliment of players back onto the ice shortly, you can't say we've avoided the injury bug this season

Reactions: saffronleaf

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Is 8 weeks bad?

That’s sort of par for the course on high ankle sprains. I’ve seen football players come back quicker, but the loads skaters put on that area are much greater and constant.

Rykov did his at towards the end if camp, has not dressed

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Hopefully he is ok for the game against the isles. Will be a tough game and JT will probably play bad as it is with the environment he will face. Need more than one line contributing. Hopefully marner and Hyman join Tavares on the 2nd line this Wednesday
Tavares actually played really well with Kapanen last year in limited time.

We need Mitch big time obviously but it will be interesting to see if Nylander gets bumped to the first PP unit across from the Matthews one timer, and hopefully Kapanen moves up to play with JT 5 on 5.

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
i think that injury looked horrible
no way he only misses a few games
hes gonna be out for weeks

good thing that Kapanen found his groove and he can play as a righty on JTs wing and not on this off wing
As for the pp id try JT Matty Barrie Willy Mango

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
Whatever your personal opinion on Marner, let's all hope it's not anything serious and he has a very fast and safe recovery. The contract is already signed, so there is no point for hate or discussing it any further. Here's a Marner tribute to lift our spirits:

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
We need Marner to be healthy. Just when I thought we were going to finally have a full healthy team back with Hyman coming soon :(

Hopefully Marners back soon, we need him.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Can’t wait for davepoulinpms comment about how we wasted $ and he’s injury prone etc and weak

haha he has a decent game or two and all of a sudden this kid is worth every penny

you know how it goes

we lose one and babcock and the entire team need to be fired

we win the next one and we're on route to the cup

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey

Knee/Ankle most likely. Looks really bad slowed down. Fingers crossed for some great news, but anticipating potential LTIR placement.

Get better soon Marner!

Screenshot_20191020-020251_Twitter.jpg

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Am I the only one not overly concerned? I'm not a doctor but he was able to walk on it.

I would think if it was serious he wouldn't be able to do that.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Hate to try to play doctor through the TV, but that looks like a tear of some sorts. Looked painful at first, then he thought it was fine, then when he put weight on it a certain way, it became apparent something wasn't working properly.

Hope im wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->