Mitch Marner vs Mikko Rantanen

Who would you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
How is he a step below? Last season he paced for 96 points which is higher than Marner has ever gotten.

I'm sure you'll retort with "blah blah pace I want to look at actual points since Marner got 94". I'll remember that and next time a leaf fans tries to pace out Matthews totals we will just have to reference this thread.

Its so hypocritical. In the Matthews threads pace and goal scoring are the only things on the planet that matter. Then we have a 180 here where I see the same people using point totals as justifications for their biased opinions and discrediting the "pace" argument.
Check out PP time. Enough said. The stats arent close

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
How is he a step below? Last season he paced for 96 points which is higher than Marner has ever gotten.

I'm sure you'll retort with "blah blah pace I want to look at actual points since Marner got 94". I'll remember that and next time a leaf fans tries to pace out Matthews totals we will just have to reference this thread.

Its so hypocritical. In the Matthews threads pace and goal scoring are the only things on the planet that matter. Then we have a 180 here where I see the same people using point totals as justifications for their biased opinions and discrediting the "pace" argument.

You're crazy if you don't think every fan base doesn't do this.

Reactions: Iapyi

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

To be honest, I don't see other fanbases completely changing their views on pace, goals, points, etc. depending on which favors their player at a certain point in time. At least not to the same degree that *some* (have to emphasize this since apparently not being clear means I'm saying 100% of fans) Leaf fans do.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

You used a double negative here. You should be saying either "You're crazy if you think every fan base doesn't do this." or "You're crazy if you don't think every fan base does this." in order to get your point across properly.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Marner has been as good if not the better producer, and Mackinnon is a superior player to Matthews who he happens to play with.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
well MacKinnon was still great in the playoffs and high stake games (memorial cup, world cup ect) before Rantanen showed up so probably not.

2017-18 was Macs first big year. Before that he was a 50 point player. That coincedentally was also Rants first big year. Sorry but I think they both feed off each other. Mac is a great player on his own but his first real success came with Rants. Dont get me wrong I am not in any way saying Rants is carrying Mac. Im just saying your wrong.....

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
hmm I wonder if playing with the player who has the best PPG in playoffs (Mac is at 1.33 next closest is 1.25) over the last 3 years (minimum 5 games) has anything to do with that? :huh:
You're paying Marner 10.9m, but he gets the out of 'not playing with good enough players' for a fair comparison. Oh, and his center gets paid 11m.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
HF are funny. Before the season the narrative was EP > Barkov easily according to a recent poll, ranking lists etc. Now all of a sudden it’s Rantanen > Marner >> Pettersson. And I bet most people would say Barkov > Rantanen. ~15 games can do a lot to people’s reputation...

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
HF are funny. Before the season the narrative was EP > Barkov easily according to a recent poll, ranking lists etc. Now all of a sudden it’s Rantanen > Marner >> Pettersson. And I bet most people would say Barkov > Rantanen. ~15 games can do a lot to people’s reputation...
Barkov was always underrated. Marner was always overrated. I bet Leaf fans think Marner is better than Aho.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Avs fan saying Marner. Used to say Rantanen but Marner drives the play much better or at least much more consistently than Mikko does. Mikko has a level in game where he's seemingly unstoppable but it doesn't come out enough. Marner can 100% drive his own line. I've yet to see that out of Mikko.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Against Ottawa? Rantanen is much better in playoffs.
You: I've decided this one team he faces is bad so I discredit all of Marner's accomplishments.
Also you: I'm going to ignore all of the bad teams Rantanen faces though...
Also also you: I'm going to blatantly ignore actual opponent quality to make false claims about the playoffs!
I bet Leaf fans think Marner is better than Aho.
Marner is easily better than Aho.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad