Mitch Marner vs Johnny Hockey

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Gaudreau is better right now. Not sure about going forward but I would take my chances with Marner, he's the same age Gaudreau was when he started in the NHL.

member 105785

I'll take Gaudreau now, maybe Marner future slightly but I think it'll be close enough where I wouldn't regret the immediate help.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Marner separates himself from Gaudreau this season.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
How so? Gaudreau is already > PPG player, and is going to keep getting better.

Same logic applies to Marner, does it not? He'll bank 90+ pts this season. You can screenshot this if you want. If any leaf were to score 90+ points, I'd bet it would be him, over Matthews, Tavares, etc.

Hope that puts things into perspective

Sep 13, 2009
Same logic applies to Marner, does it not? He'll bank 90+ pts this season. You can screenshot this if you want. If any leaf were to score 90+ points, I'd bet it would be him, over Matthews, Tavares, etc.

How is that "separating" himself from Gaudreau though, when Gaudreau is already just shy of being a 90 pt. player?

psycat

Oct 25, 2016

Well I mean Tavares didn't hit 90 points once in 12 years or so, not exactly a bold bet to say he won't make it over anybody.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011

If Gaudreau was on the leafs his totals would be inflated.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Gaudreau is the driver behind the Flames offense, Marner has the luxury of being a passenger on the Leafs offense, a skilled contributing passenger but a passenger nonetheless.

Voted Gaudreau.
Marner is a passenger for the Leafs offense? Okay then. Lol

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Gaudreau is the driver behind the Flames offense, Marner has the luxury of being a passenger on the Leafs offense, a skilled contributing passenger but a passenger nonetheless.

Voted Gaudreau.

Thanks I needed a laugh this morning. Explains all the Leaf hate though, people don't even watch them and think they know the players.

Reactions: Zrinski

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
J.G is a great player and I love to watch him and right now its close. But this season Marner looks stronger and is continuing to show how dynamic he is. So if I had to pick 1 I still go with Marner. IMO he looks like a right shot Kane.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Gaudreau is better right now. Not sure about going forward but I would take my chances with Marner, he's the same age Gaudreau was when he started in the NHL.
Agreed with everything. People don't realize when Gaudreau was Marner's age, he was just starting his NHL career.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Gaudreau still. He'll still probably outscore Marner despite the huge gap in quality of linemates.

Could only imagine what Gaudreau would do with Tavares and Matthews (on PP).

Reactions: Snowman

Bando

Jun 24, 2016
JG easily for me. If marner outscores him maybe I would reconsider. But as of now marner hasnt been close to JG.

Reactions: Snowman

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Gaudreau still. He'll still probably outscore Marner despite the huge gap in quality of linemates.

Could only imagine what Gaudreau would do with Tavares and Matthews (on PP).
This is the first time Marner has played with such skilled linemates and he has 8 points in 4 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad