Injury Report: Mitch Marner - Shoulder - Out 3-4 Weeks (from Dec 7)

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
But are we? Are we really "informed?" Does anybody really know what this Lime fellow was doing, or even where he was when the season started. Was he the second man that entered into this state of reclusion or was he the 3rd man, because the one thing we do know, is that there are many candidates for being the first in this rather bizarre contretemps. I'm guessing we'll never know for sure, but I believe a kind of theme is developing around this whole season!

Abandoning your hockey team is a very special form of treachey
Screenshot_20211210-152738_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: therealkoho

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
So random hypothetical question. We come back from a postponement after the holidays and Mitch is good enough to play. He'll have not been out the full 10 games required with LTIR though. Does the league make an exemption with all the games postponed and allow us to activate him or do we have to wait another 3 to 4 games.

Reactions: bikemike66

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
So random hypothetical question. We come back from a postponement after the holidays and Mitch is good enough to play. He'll have not been out the full 10 games required with LTIR though. Does the league make an exemption with all the games postponed and allow us to activate him or do we have to wait another 3 to 4 games.

Common sense says this would be an exception...but the league has surprised me with their stupidity before.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
We will most likely have to wait…….rules are rules and could imagine the fuss if Bettman allowed the Leafs to break them

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

No exception needed because ....

LTIR: Going on LTIR requires a player to miss at least 10 games and/or 24 days.

There is both a games and days limit on LTIR whichever comes first and regardless of if the Leafs play or not you can't stop time. :)

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
  • To qualify for LTIR, a player must be expected to miss at least 10 NHL Games AND 24 days of the NHL season.

Could easily be wrong, this is just what my search came up with

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
  • To qualify for LTIR, a player must be expected to miss at least 10 NHL Games AND 24 days of the NHL season.
Could easily be wrong, this is just what my search came up with
Thought it was and/or?

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
So would it be the Oilers game on Jan 5th the earliest MM could rejoin the team? That's assuming Columbus is the 1st game back from postponement - which is not a certainty.

My calculation is that the Wild game on the 4th was the first game he missed

Last edited:

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I think they would count "scheduled games" in the equation.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015

There is both a games and days limit on LTIR whichever comes first and regardless of if the Leafs play or not you can't stop time. :)
Looking at the calendar, the first game Marner could play is January 1st vs Ottawa. Unless I'm missing something.

The 27th is only 20 days since he was put on ltir and is the 9th scheduled game. The next game against the Pens is the 10th scheduled game, and 22nd day. So the first game is Jan 1st.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021

Wrong. Has to be both.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
From what I’ve read, e.g. LTIR FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
When a player has an injury of which they are expected to miss a minimum of 10 NHL games and 24 days in the NHL season, the team can place them on long term injured reserve (LTIR).

When a player is deemed fit to play, the team must activate them.
All the wording I’ve seen is the player must be EXPECTED to miss at least 10 games and 24 days, not that they actually must miss that many. So maybe it’s OK?

Reactions: Confucius

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
From what I’ve read, e.g. LTIR FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

All the wording I’ve seen is the player must be EXPECTED to miss at least 10 games and 24 days, not that they actually must miss that many. So maybe it’s OK?

I agree, it does not say they must miss 10 games and 24 days, but rather they are "Expected" to miss. They also cannot stay on LTIR once they are medically cleared. Worse case, the League will have to make exception for PPD games, due to covid.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012

Depends if it benefits Bettman’s fav teams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad