Injury Report: Mitch Marner - Shoulder - Out 3-4 Weeks (from Dec 7)

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Welp that blows. Leafs are gonna need to step up the next few weeks. Maybe time to test some of our depth.

Reactions: wingman75

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
they wont sign and bring up ho sang this year at all i dont think, since they wont be able to send him down once called up. one NHL team will be sure to claim him if they try and send him down imo.
damn. yeah i guess that makes it very hard to see him with the club this year. It's too bad.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
damn. yeah i guess that makes it very hard to see him with the club this year. It's too bad.
ye, i guess its the price of signing him, but honestly having him down there a full year will probably be best in the long run if they intend on him playing with the big club long-term.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
ye, i guess its the price of sining him, but honestly having him down there a full year will probably be best in the long run if they intend on him playing with the big club long-term.

Really shouldn't we be seeing more than a 0.87 PPG pace, from a 25 year old, who has hopes to be a full time top six NHL?

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Really shouldn't we be seeing more than a 0.87 PPG pace, from a 25 year old, who has hopes to be a full time top six NHL?
honestly yes, but at the same time he looked pretty good in training camp and im not a fan of moore with any of our players down there. to me ho-sang is one of those guys who will thrive playing with better talent, no offense to steeves and abramov etc. but ye, all in all i think a season fully learning the system will benefit him if he wants to stick with the big club.

Reactions: MJK

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Not gonna rip on Muzzin as it was obviously an accident but can see why he was so pissed now (and we all know those "fans" around here that were mocking him would be crying like babies if they took a shoulder injury).

Really too bad as Bunting/Matthews/Marner had emerged as one of the best lines in the league after all the early experimenting. Hope he gets back sooner than later. The team is noticeably worse without one of the best play drivers in the game on it.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
honestly yes, but at the same time he looked pretty good in training camp and im not a fan of moore with any of our players down there. to me ho-sang is one of those guys who will thrive playing with better talent, no offense to steeves and abramov etc. but ye, all in all i think a season fully learning the system will benefit him if he wants to stick with the big club.

You are correct about Moore, but I still think Ho Sang should be the team leader, not Seney and Steeves in points.... (Duszak too) Ho Sang needs to separate himself at some point.

Reactions: MJK and geo25

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
How exactly do we know it was Muzzin's fault? We blame Muzzin if Marner just had his head down and collided with him?

True, but Marner was pissed. I'm not so sure he would be going all out like that if he felt he had f***ed up, but I'm just guessing. Muzzin also hasn't been near good enough to justify this injury he just caused, so that pisses me off too.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Tough break for Marner but it might be blessing in disguise, with this break, hopefully he will be more fresh comes playoffs.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
You are correct about Moore, but I still think Ho Sang should be the team leader, not Seney and Steeves in points.... (Duszak too) Ho Sang needs to separate himself at some point.
no argument here, just pointing out that some highly skilled players tend to play better when playing with other highly skilled players, i think SDR has shown this as well.
when ho sang has the type of space that someone like a matthews or marner or willy etc can provide i think he will show his skill more than he can with the guys he plays with on the marlies.

i have high hopes with him, and i trust the leafs will do whats best for both parties.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Does Marner’s 4 week injury have any LTIR implications? Asking because that would be a big chunk of change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad