Value of: Mitch Marner or Nylander for a TOP D-MAN.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Holy crap- defensive much? I didn't think it was necessary to point out Marner's virtues since everyone knows the type of player he is/what they'd be getting. He's a good player... that much is obvious. The problems come with the things I mentioned. High ceiling ELC players are worth their weight in gold in today's NHL . For most teams bringing in an 11M player isn't really viable mid season, and may not be an option at all without a similar amount of salary going back out. How many teams can do that without radical restructuring? And how many that could would be willing to?

theres teams paying 7-9M for 50 point players or less im sure teams would make room for a 90+ point winger making 11M. Not defending anything just tired of acting like these guys are cap dumps cause theyre 1M overpaid. Rather overpay my stars than bums like Lucic, Neal Okposo etc.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
LOL. Imagine actually believing this. Media hype is strong
You fail to see the weakness of the Atlantic division. Toronto will make it because Florida doesn't want it, as proven by the Trocheck trade and their play as of late. I could see them secure that 3rd spot with 90 points or even less.

Besides Toronto media is more bashing the Leafs then saying they'll be making the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad