Speculation: Mitch Marner Megathread Part 12 (Note in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Its probably better than not agreeing to practice/train anywhere right? I dont think it implies hes joining the team, just practicing with them.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Never hés gonna play there. Loll. Thats a negociation tactics. What will bring him to play in switzerland? Missing an oppotunity to clear one year of a contract here? If i am dubas i will tell you him. Okay, go play there and maybe you will trade before your 27 years old

Reactions: Foxtail

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Never hés gonna play there. Loll. Thats a negociation tactics. What will bring him to play in switzerland? Missing an oppotunity to clear one year of a contract here? If i am dubas i will tell you him. Okay, go play there and maybe you will trade before your 27 years old

The GM would need big grapefruits for that and Dubas does not have those.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Its probably better than not agreeing to practice/train anywhere right? I dont think it implies hes joining the team, just practicing with them.

Yep, but this thread is like a twilight zone where people don't seem to notice this crucial fact.

Its painfully obvious he won't spend a year playing in Zurich, no ones claiming this.

Reactions: Seanaconda

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Yep, but this thread is like a twilight zone where people don't seem to notice this crucial fact.

Its painfully obvious he won't spend a year playing in Zurich, no ones claiming this.

Exactly, seems more like a fallback plan to stay in shape than a threat of signing a contract to play for a team in Switzerland.

member 300185

Dubas doesn't have the nads to do it.

member 300185

Exactly, seems more like a fallback plan to stay in shape than a threat of signing a contract to play for a team in Switzerland.
Marner wouldn't even be the best player in the Swiss league.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
I see Mr. loyal leaf is now looking to play in Switzerland because the only team willing to overpay him by 3+ million is the leafs.

You think the Leafs are going to sign him for 13+ million/year? Impressive.

loki2185

Sep 7, 2018
someone needs to start a petition to trade marner . I like the guy but if he is wanting to handcuff the team with a max deal then he can pack his bags and leave. A trade return with a few good players and picks to stock the cupboards would be more benficial then having a player who disappears when the games get tough

Reactions: Crustman

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
I see Mr. loyal leaf is now looking to play in Switzerland because the only team willing to overpay him by 3+ million is the leafs. Good luck with that $400,000 paycheque; but ha, those taxes are much lower in Switzerland.
The leafs are willing to overpay him by $3 million +????
Who the heck is reporting this and why hasn’t he signed it yet ?

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
What do people think is a fair bridge deal? I think the longer it goes the more likely it ends up a bridge deal.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I'm more interested in this insurance thing. So I never knew this, but a player can pay the insurance and still show up to camp?
Yeah it's pretty rare tho. I'm pretty sure iginla did it forever ago. Probably harder for a guy coming off his elc tho . What's he insure himself for coming off 200 K a year going to 8 - ?mill Whatever aav

ajp4to

Jul 31, 2015
someone needs to start a petition to trade marner . I like the guy but if he is wanting to handcuff the team with a max deal then he can pack his bags and leave. A trade return with a few good players and picks to stock the cupboards would be more benficial then having a player who disappears when the games get tough
There isn't a team in the league that would trade for a player with Marner's insane demands. The leafs have already offered Marner more than any other team would ever consider. The only team willing to overpay Marner is the Leafs...

Reactions: Ciao

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
The last thing these guys wanna do is play outside of the NHL.

So that tactic is kinda out the window.

You're going to train? Kinda odd too.... if your worry was injury only, train with NHLers at your camp.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
There isn't a team in the league that would trade for a player with Marner's insane demands. The leafs have already offered Marner more than any other team would ever consider. The only team willing to overpay Marner is the Leafs...
Where are you getting all this?
Are you being serious or are you just one of those guys that goes into all leafs threads and tries to stir the pot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad