Speculation: Mitch Marner Mega Thread Part 7 (Mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
There is no guarantee of 3 more tries.
I think Leaf fans will take their chances that their team is a playoff team at least 3 more times with this core, especially considering that they've been 7th in the league in both of the last 2 years, and have since improved.

I could understand a team that barely got in as 8th in the conference and 17th in the league despite being in a weak division being concerned though.

Reactions: MapyPopa

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I think Leaf fans will take their chances that their team is a playoff team at least 3 more times with this core, especially considering that they've been 7th in the league in both of the last 2 years, and have since improved.

I could understand a team that barely got in as 8th in the conference and 17th in the league despite being in a weak division being concerned though.

You’re gonna be facing Boston again. Must suck to lose your window without even making it past the first round.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
You’re gonna be facing Boston again. Must suck to lose your window without even making it past the first round.
Hey the caps eventually beat the pens . But who knows what happens next year .

Maybe marner sits out and Toronto gets a wildcard spot and plays someone different .

As an attempt to make it kinda on topic again.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Not necessarily, and even if they do, Leafs are a better team than Boston. Leafs are on the way up. Boston is on the way down. Boston barely won this year, with an all-time PP%, home ice advantage, and with a suspension and multiple series injuries on the other side. Not concerned.

The Leafs window is wide open. I'm thrilled.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Not necessarily, and even if they do, Leafs are a better team than Boston. Leafs are on the way up. Boston is on the way down. Not concerned.

Reminds me of all the posts after the Kessel trade.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Not necessarily, and even if they do, Leafs are a better team than Boston. Leafs are on the way up. Boston is on the way down. Boston barely won this year, with an all-time PP%, home ice advantage, and with a suspension and multiple series injuries on the other side. Not concerned.

Boston is on the way down.., I swear I heard this same thing last year. On repeat.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Reminds me of all the posts after the Kessel trade.
Funny, because Boston fans remind me of the Detroit fans who claimed the dynasty couldn't die because they had great players like Nyquist, Tatar, and Brendan Smith ready to step in and fill Lidstrom, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg's shoes.

Congrats on hitting on Pastrnak, and Marchand learning what hockey actually is, extending your window a couple of years. It won't be enough soon.

As I said, not worried at all.

Also, the Kessel trade literally was the start of the Leafs' rise, so not sure what you mean.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Boston is on the way down.., I swear I heard this same thing last year. On repeat.

You're going to hear it all season as well. Just like we heard it all of last season. Just like your hearing about the Bruins only beating the Leafs because of there PP, when in reality, the Bruins won game 6 on the road and 7 at home while getting two total power plays (0 in game 7) to Toronto's 5, and outscoring them in those two elimination games 9-3.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Funny, because Boston fans remind me of the Detroit fans who claimed the dynasty couldn't die because they had great players like Nyquist, Tatar, and Brendan Smith ready to step in and fill Lidstrom, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg's shoes.

Congrats on hitting on Pastrnak, and Marchand learning what hockey actually is, extending your window a couple of years. It won't be enough soon.

As I said, not worried at all.

I applaud your Confidence.

MapyPopa

Jul 1, 2019
Just FYI, 1/6 is greater than 0/3, just in case you want to use per rates.
I mean Matthews could do more than that in one playoff run if they somehow get past Boston lol. You’re so defensive of Mack it’s actually hilarious. Can’t both players be really good? Smh

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I mean Matthews could do more than that in one playoff run if they somehow get past Boston lol. You’re so defensive of Mack it’s actually hilarious. Can’t both players be really good? Smh

Its not necessarily defensive of Mack. I’m not here pulling out the per 60s. Mack’s point totals speak for themselves.

Never said Matthews is not good. But he’s not on Mack’s level when he finished with 60 less points in the last two years!

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
You're going to hear it all season as well. Just like we heard it all of last season. Just like your hearing about the Bruins only beating the Leafs because of there PP, when in reality, the Bruins won game 6 on the road and 7 at home while getting two total power plays (0 in game 7) to Toronto's 5, and outscoring them in those two elimination games 9-3.

I made the mistake last year thinking the Bruins would be on the way down but they are still a very good team. They could easily find themselves in the finals again. No Leafs fan should be so confident that they could beat you when they havent proven to be able to yet.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
The funny thing is, Mackinnon was being spoken of highly on here and actually being overrated by most Leaf fans before he came in...

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Leafs fans are angry because they can see the writing on the wall. Somethings gotta give. You can't have a potential 8 figure free agent with just under $4M in cap space. This isn't going to end well. They essentially have to choose between Willie and Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad