Prospect Info: Mitch Marner Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Hockey*

I think what he's saying isn't offensively, but a combination of offensive and defense.

p.s. all 3 of our prospects are trending as franchise players

Yes, I believe he saying Mitch has the best all around player and below are the players he is talking about :)

• McDavid
  • Eichel
  • Puljujarvi
  • Laine
  • Nylander
  • Strome
  • Matthews

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
I think what he's saying isn't offensively, but a combination of offensive and defense.

p.s. all 3 of our prospects are trending as franchise players

It's truly incredible. Nylander and Marner both had such incredible d+1 seasons and Matthews draft season was fantastic. I think Nylander will be best offensively (purely out of bias cause he's my fav outta the 3 lol) and Matthews defensively. Marner a mix of the two. Though, sometimes Marner tends to "play centre" on defense and kinda chase the puck. If he's playing wing he sometimes leaves an open man. I think that'll be ironed out quick though.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
What in the actual hell. Somehow Mitch Marner has gone from elite prospect to destroyer of worlds. As it stands right now Marner is the 3rd best prospect the Leafs have. Will that change this year? Perhaps. Either way I can see a lot of teams would be envious of that pool.

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
There you go ...

There you go. You deliberately tried to twist what he said and actually looked like pure deception.

Mariner is ranked higher than Nylander by ESPN and others. So do you think willy should possibly miss making the team? Yeah anyways Mariner is ranked higher. Drops mic.

Mr Hockey*

There you go. You deliberately tried to twist what he said and actually looked like pure deception.

Mariner is ranked higher than Nylander by ESPN and others. So do you think willy should possibly miss making the team? Yeah anyways Mariner is ranked higher. Drops mic.

Willie is a lock in my opinion, Hopefully mitch makes the team also.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Willie is a lock in my opinion, Hopefully mitch makes the team also.

Fair enough. Pretty straight forward. Its likely more fun to watch how it all shakes out then to read all the micro dissecting of our top prospects. I hope they all challenge each other to be their absolute best over the years.

Three top 10 prospects of this quality coming up together like this is for us is something we will possibly all agree on later on is something to behold. I think they all have wrinkles they will have to iron out over the next couple years.

This entire prospect group represents the best looking hope for the teams future I have ever seen.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Fair enough. Pretty straight forward. Its likely more fun to watch how it all shakes out then to read all the micro dissecting of our top prospects. I hope they all challenge each other to be their absolute best over the years.

Three top 10 prospects of this quality coming up together like this is for us is something we will possibly all agree on later on is something to behold. I think they all have wrinkles they will have to iron out over the next couple years.

This entire prospect group represents the best looking hope for the teams future I have ever seen.
I think that should be agreed upon if nothing else. This is the brightest the future has looked the entire time I've followed the Leafs. I mean the present has looked better when we were making the playoffs and going on pretty solid runs. But the future looks great.

Have some really nice prospects and we're only going to continue adding to them. The build continues which means gathering assets from wherever we can find them and continuing development.

I'm sure Marner will be a key part in all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino