Salary Cap: Mitch Marner Contract Discussion Part IX | OS courting period begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
At this point all I can do is laugh at the mess Dubas created, lol, why the heck is it always the guy that smiles too much that has no clue or is trying to pull one over on you. It's gotta be a rule or something and no I don't mean when family and friends are happy to see you, that's a different smile chaps.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
At this point all I can do is laugh at the mess Dubas created, lol, why the heck is it always the guy that smiles too much that has no clue or is trying to pull one over on you. It's gotta be a rule or something and no I don't mean when family and friends are happy to see you, that's a different smile chaps.

So just intentionally ignorant, eh?

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

Mitch smiles more than Dubas...?

Reactions: TML1990 and Diddy

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
How about negotiating in good faith Marners

Because you’ve shown you can be slimy and manipulative

Agreed. In fairness, the slimeballs here is his agent (maybe his dad, too), but Mitch should be in charge of his agent, not the other way around.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Mitch smiles more than Dubas...?

No, he smiles with mates and on the ice, not everytime he has a camera on him, it is very different and not exaggerated either. Dubas looks like a fake, a used car salesman stereotype, a huckster, a snake oil peddler, phony. That's how I perceive him and always have since seeing him in action and sadly he is not proving me wrong, I mean at all lol.

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
Tavares with Auston? Well it would be worse than Nylander or Marner with those guys because neither guy is very good at making plays(they are great finishers but are way below the other 2 in making plays).

He said a linemate of Mitch's quality.

Then I said or one of Tavares' quality...

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Think about it, if Marner gets 11.6 per in order to outperform that contract he would have to be near McDavid level. He is nowhere close to McDavid. Nobody is. That's why these contracts are so absurd. Asking for that is absolutely mind boggling.

Reactions: kb

MarnerElite

Feb 20, 2019
We can not afford both of them at 11.6. They have very little chance to outperform their contracts. Just performing up to them would be a huge challenge.

Well if we got rid of Naz and Brown that would clear at least 6.5 mil...Marleau is gone too. That would be enough, no? No idea why we need Naz when 1) we have plenty of scoring 2) his agitator role is very overrated and can be replaced by someone with some muscle who can actually get other guys on their ass instead of him always being the one being abused. Brown is easily replaced with Trevor Moore who looks like he might even be an upgrade. Those 2 pieces imo are very replaceable. Leafs are going to really bite themselves in the ass if this happens because what fans will do if he's gone is..1) They'll see that work ethic amongst their elite guys is even worse(because you can't really teach that so easily)..2) When playmaking isn't as strong, goals for the scorers are even harder to come by(doesn't even matter if you add more grit because someone has to know how to set up the scoring types)...3) When nothing else works, there is always an option of doing the same like most years and we can call for head coach to be fired...Rinse, repeat...This is awful on so many fronts imo.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Think about it, if Marner gets 11.6 per in order to outperform that contract he would have to be near McDavid level. He is nowhere close to McDavid. Nobody is. That's why these contracts are so absurd. Asking for that is absolutely mind boggling.

This isn't necessarily true.

He'd need to perform about 3.5 x the average player. McDavid is probably more than 3.5 x the average player.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
No, he smiles with mates and on the ice, not everytime he has a camera on him, it is very different and not exaggerated either. Dubas looks like a fake, a used car salesman stereotype, a huckster, a snake oil peddler, phony. That's how I perceive him and always have since seeing him in action and sadly he is not proving me wrong, I mean at all lol.

What action has confirmed your initial subjective opinion that Dubas is factually a fake and a phony?

Reactions: kb

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Well if we got rid of Naz and Brown that would clear at least 6.5 mil...Marleau is gone too. That would be enough, no? No idea why we need Naz when 1) we have plenty of scoring 2) his agitator role is very overrated and can be replaced by someone with some muscle who can actually get other guys on their ass instead of him always being the one being abused. Brown is easily replaced with Trevor Moore who looks like he might even be an upgrade. Those 2 pieces imo are very replaceable. Leafs are going to really bite themselves in the ass if this happens because what fans will do if he's gone is..1) They'll see that work ethic amongst their elite guys is even worse(because you can't really teach that so easily)..2) When playmaking isn't as strong, goals for the scorers are even harder to come by(doesn't even matter if you add more grit because someone has to know how to set up the scoring types)...3) When nothing else works, there is always an option of doing the same like most years and we can call for head coach to be fired...Rinse, repeat...This is awful on so many fronts imo.

I am not worried about losing guys like Brown and Kadri, I am worried about building a competent D core that can win a playoff series then a cup. Our D is shaping up to be very weak going into next season.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
What action has confirmed your initial subjective opinion that Dubas is factually a fake and a phony?

Just look at the results, the overpay, the huge drama with Mitch right now. The overpay causing Marners camp to go public. He said he would get us team friendly deals, he did not but lied and said the pay to Matthews was fair, everyone knows it was not. Burke called him out. In my opinion he is all smoke,

I never said factually btw, how I perceive him.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Anyone want to decode this post? lol

The amount of time you spend posting about Dubas gives the impression that it's driving you nuts. If you're laughing, I doubt it's because you find something funny ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad